Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

26 minutes ago, Yo Diaz! said:

It appears to be going full pace to me. I’m not sure they are working Saturdays there right now though. I think it will be at street level or just above by end of April/beginning of May. Assuming all favorable conditions, I think they will average 1 complete floor every 10-14 days once they get above the ground floor. As of today I’m gonna say 16 floors by Christmas +/- 3 floors. (Office buildings don’t have a 13th floor, haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s fantastic!

• Like 1

I suspect that the roofline on DEC II will approximate these towers but without having exposed mechanical equipment.  The slope of DEC II's roofline seems to approximate that of the tower on the right.  In terms of the new tower's shape, the one on the right might give us a good preview of what's to come.

71B65DF1-DD7A-40D3-BB61-C963766F0D45.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

Any guess what the new plans cover? Is it being VEed 

You don't need to submit new plans for VEing. I hear it got more floors, without increasing height, however that works.

4 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

You don't need to submit new plans for VEing. I hear it got more floors, without increasing height, however that works.

Maybe just creative numbering? For instance, I know a project in South End that's now 25 floors instead of 23 because they're combining 9/10 and skipping 13.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Maybe just creative numbering? For instance, I know a project in South End that's now 25 floors instead of 23 because they're combining 9/10 and skipping 13.

The very fact that to this day, buildings will not have a"13th floor" is just bizarre to me. What a long lived relic of another time.

• Like 3