Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

18 hours ago, nashbill said:

So glad Kickazzz2000 included the rendering of the building with the photos.  I wish a link to the rendering was on the title of each topic.  There is so much construction going on, I forget which building is which.  Searching back to find a rendering is sometimes a pain in the azzz.  Us old guys or maybe just me,  need a reminder of what's going in that hole in the ground.

That's going to be a damn nice building.

I agree. I wonder if it's possible to add a feature on UP to allow pinning a post to the start of a running conversation like this with renderings, details, and updated info.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, Rufus said:

Yeesh, way to just turn your back to College. I sure wish a smaller hotel tower were fronting that side to face the convention center. But, I guess we can't be beggars in this case. 

oh I should have responded to this, there is two floors of retail facing college. 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:26 AM, Tyree Ricardo said:

oh I should have responded to this, there is two floors of retail facing college. 

Speaking of retail, I was walking by DEC1 and noticed that all the retail on stonewall and church have never been developed. What’s the deal there? Not enough people living in that area yet? 

1 hour ago, Yeahdoug said:

Speaking of retail, I was walking by DEC1 and noticed that all the retail on stonewall and church have never been developed. What’s the deal there? Not enough people living in that area yet? 

One spot used to be Emzy (Asian restaurant) that closed down and the other spot was part of the Charlotte athletic club which I’m not sure is still there either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Asian restaurant is still there I think next to museum tower, but next to it all down church and then around corner down stonewall is empty. Is that where the athletic club was? It doesn’t look like from the old signage that anything has been there for a while. 

1 hour ago, Yo Diaz! said:

Also, I’m still wondering if this will be all post tension concrete formed or if they will switch to the precast floor system they used At DEC? Which could speed it up a bit more.

I heard it will be precast like at DEC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yo Diaz! said:

I still think 6-10 by Christmas. Perhaps even 12. Coming out of the ground always takes the longest. And there is some fancy form work at different heights it looks like from the ground floor to the second floor. Once they get above that to the more repeatable floor form work it should go a quicker. Keep in mind this is a much bigger building than the JW Marriott which averaged about a floor a week. Also, I’m still wondering if this will be all post tension concrete formed or if they will switch to the precast floor system they used At DEC? Which could speed it up a bit more.
(All this depending of course on wether or not anything happens to cause delays or shutdowns of the site m).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

• Like 1