Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

6 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I saw the media mesh was VE'ed. What does that actually mean? The LED lighting on the top is gone? 

we don't know that it was. the drawings are very rudimentary. The media mesh was on the bottom. I actually could find out...

2 hours ago, captainjack said:

This is the one tower I don’t mind being a bit shorter. The decrease could be for the benefit of not blocking the Power Tower while still being a tall addition. The slant of the new tower should perfectly frame the start of Duke’s triangular top.

Any update on the media mesh?

Media Mesh was axed very early on when CK saw the price apparently.

7 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Given the blurb above says "as of February 2020" I feel the info is still old.

Actually when I found out last month that it was shorted I looked and it and it did say on there that it was shortened. Now it is saying it is back to the normal height. I don’t think those little briefs are actually updated as far as when something on the page was edited. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Actually when I found out last month that it was shorted I looked and it and it did say on there that it was shortened. Now it is saying it is back to the normal height. I don’t think those little briefs are actually updated as far as when something on the page was edited. 

yea they don't trust those of us that know what we are talking about and edit the tables unfortunately. I've had them change so many of my correct edits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 11:10 AM, Yo Diaz! said:

In the drone pics It looks like they are transitioned into using the Double T for the floor system now. As the perimeter columns go up and the core rises they drop them right in. If you zoom in on some of the ground level pics by QCxpat you can see the stubby relief supports on the core for them to rest on and be anchored too. I’m gonna guess still 10-14 floors above street level by the the end of December. I think the parking deck area will certainly be above ground by then as well. No guess as to how far for that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say "double T" you're referring to the floor structure similar to that found in parking garages? My understanding is that the DEC is built in the same way, much like the old World Trade Center (except that was steel) it saves space my eliminating columns. Of course we all know this design was largely a factor in the tragic collapse on 9/11, which makes me wonder how these buildings might fair if, God forbid, a bomb or aircraft collision, intentional or not were to occur.  

• Like 1