Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mocked up at roughly 646' in height.

I almost forgot what this thread was about... Here's a reminder for those who have forgotten. 

Posted Images

(I forget which IG account I got this from)

Yes, yes of course you forget which person posted this to some IG account, maybe his or someone else, who knows, maybe someone you know. Who could recall which account it is since you just posted the photo, but no worries we know what you mean.

Thanks for the post, it is as good as I expected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cltheel.sdl said:

My only issue with this tower is how architecturally similar it is to DEC.  Would love this tower on North Tryon - here it just blends it with the neighbors.  Would love to see curves or a different color of glass to really help it stand out in this location.  

That is kind of the point isn't it? 

• Like 2

There is a fine line between complimentary and copying. I know this isn't identical to DEC but I think it does lean a little closer to trying be that than being something that plays off of it. Now, I'm not bashing the tower, I really like it, but small things could be done to differentiate it from its bigger brother and still have a common language with it. Darker or different color glass for example. 

• Like 1

The “shack” is being utilized on site, and now has an a/c unit tacked onto it, and it houses the sentinel on the west side of project entrance.

No cement trucks get through without first going by/through the shack. Lol  

You could say they repurposed the shack 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, The Real Clayton said:

609 toward tryon, 618 from college.

When complete it'll look significantly different from the Power Tower

I'm not sure what the "PC crowd" has to do with this. It'll be a long time before we see a building over 50 floors again. The economics don't support it, developers in Charlotte have no need to build a tower that tall. 

The only way it happens if its a statement tower, so you are likely right. Its possible a big bank wants something developed for a new hub, or some sort of residential/condo/hotel hybrid in the luxury market. There is nothing wrong with a bunch of 350 to 400' towers being built and the density to increase in that way though. It sets up a future where buildings have to be built taller. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Real Clayton said:

609 toward tryon, 618 from college.

When complete it'll look significantly different from the Power Tower

I'm not sure what the "PC crowd" has to do with this. It'll be a long time before we see a building over 50 floors again. The economics don't support it, developers in Charlotte have no need to build a tower that tall. 

The Real Clayton, thanks so much for that clarification 

26 minutes ago, The Real Clayton said:

Just y'all mother fudging  wait for what's "coming soon." :tw_kiss_wink:

Hate when you do this... Now we just hit refresh over and over on this site LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1