Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

16 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

Already said your opinion doesn't matter until the building is done, so no opinion was missed. In the end this building represents a company much maligned when their utility prices go up, expecting them to go out of the box is a fools errand. What we are getting is an incredibly sleek and clean building that'll complement the uptown skyline greatly. Y'all would complain about a gold metal if you found a eyelash on it.

…………………..my opinion was stated for what I see now. And it’s not changing. Goodbye 

• Like 2

Y’all are funny!!! It’s just my opinion lmao! And for clarification I said once it’s done I will probably like it better. Why isn’t anybody reading all of what I said. :rolleyes:

Hahaha no need to get upsetti spaghetti. Like you said it is an opinion… (btw) the difference between a fact and an opinion is that an opinion can be changed. These wonderful people, as are you, are trying to change that opinion by letting you know of things that you may not be aware of and providing arguments against having that opinion. It is what he we humans do. We like when people agree with us and when we don’t agree with each other, we want to change that or understand why one thinks that opinion.

You can share your opinions, but are you ready for what others may have to say about it? A question you have to ask yourself before you put it out there.

Don’t be afraid to change your opinions either. Staying stuck on one idea of something, dismissing others, and saying your opinions will never change is definitely “boomer” behavior so don’t be a boomer! Lol
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, j-man said:

Y’all are funny!!! It’s just my opinion lmao! And for clarification I said once it’s done I will probably like it better. Why isn’t anybody reading all of what I said. :rolleyes:

You have every right to feel how you feel about this building.  Others have every right to disagree with your opinion and the methods by which you arrived at it.  Don't feel the need to truckle by suggesting that you'll eventually agree with others.  Hold fast.

As for your opinion not mattering, well I don't know if anyone's opinion on here really matters.  Probably opinions of Duke Energy and the development team are what matter.  So don't feel put down by the comment on your opinion...I read it as more of a "join the club" statement. 

I think we have established a divergence between you and TheRealClayton and perhaps we can consider leaving it at that, and maybe revisiting both your judgments on this building in, say, a year.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JeanClt said:

Don’t be afraid to change your opinions either. Staying stuck on one idea of something, dismissing others, and saying your opinions will never change is definitely “boomer” behavior so don’t be a boomer! Lol

I was with you until I read this paragraph.  "Boomers" are a generation, not a personality type.  There are stubborn people in every generation, and increments of change happen during every generation, particularly among the young.  Go back and read the history of this country and the radical changes that were brought about in the 1960s by the boomer generation, when they were in their youth.  Every generation stands upon the shoulders of the previous generation and can only move forward due to the accomplishments already made by each preceeding generation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the look of the building personally. But i also didn’t forget that we are very lucky this building sprouted out of the ground before Covid hit and continued to be built throughout the pandemic. I feel fortunate that a building of this caliber is still being constructed and wasn't stalled.  One thing im hoping for still is the video wall facing Tryon. It was once VE-Ed and then I heard it was back. Not sure which one. 

• Like 3

I was with you until I read this paragraph.  "Boomers" are a generation, not a personality type.  There are stubborn people in every generation, and increments of change happen during every generation, particularly among the young.  Go back and read the history of this country and the radical changes that were brought about in the 1960s by the boomer generation, when they were in their youth.  Every generation stands upon the shoulders of the previous generation and can only move forward due to the accomplishments already made by each preceeding generation.

I wasn’t referring to literal boomers, I was referring to the connotations that are behind it. Hence why i use quotations. I specifically would stray from defining a whole generation of people (generations that are not clear cut mind you…people are born every year and not in chunks…The idea of generations is mind twisting to me. Anyways…) I am not saying that whole generation represents that stereotype of stubbornness, but its much more to do with age.

Older people are just less likely to adapt to change versus younger people. They adapt easier to changes and pose less relative resistance. Boomers are just currently one of the older groups of people today and therefore they are less likely to accept anything different from what they know. Apologize if I offended anyone it was not my intention.

I will try to keep this in mind when I am their age! Don’t want to be insensitive to the younger generation. After all I’ll have less time (alive) and honestly I believe in making the places we live in better for the people that follow…
  • Like 1

I like the look of the building personally. But i also didn’t forget that we are very lucky this building sprouted out of the ground before Covid hit and continued to be built throughout the pandemic. I feel fortunate that a building of this caliber is still being constructed and wasn't stalled.  One thing im hoping for still is the video wall facing Tryon. It was once VE-Ed and then I heard it was back. Not sure which one. 

While I would prefer the video wall, that neon thing on Duke’s old concrete HQ might look ok relocated there. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RANYC said:

You have every right to feel how you feel about this building.  Others have every right to disagree with your opinion and the methods by which you arrived at it.  Don't feel the need to truckle by suggesting that you'll eventually agree with others.  Hold fast.

As for your opinion not mattering, well I don't know if anyone's opinion on here really matters.  Probably opinions of Duke Energy and the development team are what matter.  So don't feel put down by the comment on your opinion...I read it as more of a "join the club" statement. 

I think we have established a divergence between you and TheRealClayton and perhaps we can consider leaving it at that, and maybe revisiting both your judgments on this building in, say, a year.

Well said. Thank you 

While I would prefer the video wall, that neon thing on Duke’s old concrete HQ might look ok relocated there. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not there, on the side of the parking deck behind Harvey. It’s pretty blank. Video wall would be facing Tryon.
  • Like 1