Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

When are they going to release more renderings (blue font)? Lol. Pretty crazy they never released additional renderings showing alternate angles. Basically just this one angle which is from axios and I don’t actually recall seeing this one or it was probably a long time ago. Hopefully that video wall didn’t get VEd. What were the retail sqft numbers on this project again? Think it was mentioned there is retail on the college side. Hopefully there is decent amount of retail and I’m assuming you can cut thru to the college st from Tryon on the church side. I like how they utilized the top of the parking deck as well…looks pretty nice up there. I know the church wouldn’t go for this idea (thats the little sanctuary part of the park) but I always thought it would be convenient to have a cut through to the Green. 
D303B1B6-1D52-4253-BFA4-1107816CD07C.thumb.jpeg.9497a74b1dd3aaab0493a1d14fe75df3.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

7 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

When are they going to release more renderings (blue font)? Lol. Pretty crazy they never released additional renderings showing alternate angles. Basically just this one angle which is from axios and I don’t actually recall seeing this one or it was probably a long time ago. Hopefully that video wall didn’t get VEd. What were the retail sqft numbers on this project again? Think it was mentioned there is retail on the college side. Hopefully there is decent amount of retail and I’m assuming you can cut thru to the college st from Tryon on the church side. I like how they utilized the top of the parking deck as well…looks pretty nice up there. I know the church wouldn’t go for this idea (thats the little sanctuary part of the park) but I always thought it would be convenient to have a cut through to the Green. 
D303B1B6-1D52-4253-BFA4-1107816CD07C.thumb.jpeg.9497a74b1dd3aaab0493a1d14fe75df3.jpeg

There were multiple angles released later, after this angle. They are in this thread, but you would have to find them. 

I was just joking about the renderings, but I seriously don’t recall any of them showing the backside of this project (College St. side). Interested to see what the pedestrian experience will look like considering it’s right across from the convention center. 

Edit*from my previous post: finally found the sqft from dukes website. Said approx 25k of retail. Not bad. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Dang Mgelbach, can’t even let zeitgeist accumulate some likes on his photo before you come in with those perfect drone pics haha jk. Great pics both of you! Looks like DEP is going to have similar lights like DEC. Going to be quite the light show between these two. 

Sorry man!! I'm awful about rolling into work half asleep, posting pictures from the night before and THEN catching up!

1 hour ago, DonkeyKong said:

Question....Why did they not install the glass on the back yet?   Is that where the construction elevator was?

Lowe's had a glass section left out for a while and when I asked was told in case they needed to get big materials in that wouldn't fit in the elevator for the offices, I'm willing to bet this is the same and it'll be covered in plywood until they're near completion with the interior!

• Like 3

it seems to me,  an uneducated observer, that a reclamation  project trying to make use of an existing structure is, 1, so anti Charlotte, and 2, not something one would want to do in what is rapidly becoming the jewel of downtown Charlotte, the Sports-Entertainment district.  The Duke concrete bunker is such a use specific building I would think making it into something else would be prohibitively expensive and face some serious zoning challenges.  I could be way wrong, just my thoughts.

• Like 2