Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

4 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Lol why not? An 1100 footer would put it in the top 10 in US. Only NYC, Chicago and Philly would have taller. 

there are 2 proposed towers in Miami each 1049 feet but many things get proposed and never built there.  However the One Brickell City Center is one of them and that has Chinese money backing so it might happen.    This below is proposed for Miami at 990 feet called the Skyrise.  Currently the tallest in Miami that is complete or under construction is 868 feet under BofA CC

skyriseMiami.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Now that you are somewhat back, @ricky_davis_fan_21 any new insight on this?

There’s not really any more insight that could be made at this point probably anyone can share.

One of the most credible posters made a 2 post with just 1 short sentence each. He basically dropped the mic and walked off the stage. That is pretty telling. And I’ve noticed the shorter people are - the closer it is to reality. The more details divulged, it’s still I’m the planning stages 

• Like 1

There’s not really any more insight that could be made at this point probably anyone can share.

One of the most credible posters made a 2 post with just 1 short sentence each. He basically dropped the mic and walked off the stage. That is pretty telling. And I’ve noticed the shorter people are - the closer it is to reality. The more details divulged, it’s still I’m the planning stages 

Bingo.

I talked to ATLRVR and his intel seems very interesting. That said, I think things are getting kind of to that point in 2008 where things seemed sketchy, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Time will tell it we get a 600’ tower or a 950’ tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Bingo.

I talked to ATLRVR and his intel seems very interesting. That said, I think things are getting kind of to that point in 2008 where things seemed sketchy, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Time will tell it we get a 600’ tower or a 950’ tower.

What happened in 2008 ? The recession ? Presently, the economy seems to only be accelerating.

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Bingo.

I have been the thinking the same thing recently and noticing similar parallels in over speculation that fuels maybe premature projects. I would be personally thrilled if we get a 600 foot tower, I may be the only person on this thread who would be okay with BOFA CC retaining its status as Charlotte’s tallest. I know eventually it will lose that status but for the time being a 600 foot tower may nicely close out this construction cycle before the next construction boom.  With that being said if Duke really has the stomach for a new tower of that size and is planning on moving people front Raleigh then by all means, go for it!

• Like 1

I have been the thinking the same thing recently and noticing similar parallels in over speculation that fuels maybe premature projects. I would be personally thrilled if we get a 600 foot tower, I may be the only person on this thread who would be okay with BOFA CC retaining its status as Charlotte’s tallest. I know eventually it will lose that status but for the time being a 600 foot tower may nicely close out this construction cycle before the next construction boom.  With that being said if Duke really has the stomach for a new tower of that size and is planning on moving people front Raleigh then by all means, go for it!

I’m on the keep BofA Corp the tallest building boat as well.

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Bingo.

The economy is (and should remain) doing well, but for the trade war issues.  Hopefully, they will be resolved. Anyway, people always need energy, and Duke needs space.  It's time for Charlotte to get a new tallest.  It could be like all of the new supertalls rising in NY, which dwarf the ESB.   

I just hope for a great design. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Other posters have said dirt moving sooner than later. 

I so want to believe that. But I'm imagining we hear nothing official until "fall" and then don't see renderings for a few more months and then at earliest we see site prep beginning next summer. So a year at earliest is what I predict. Others know more than me of course but that's what I'm feeling. So that's 2021 for completion. At earliest. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra

19 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

I so want to believe that. But I'm imagining we hear nothing official until "fall" and then don't see renderings for a few more months and then at earliest we see site prep beginning next summer. So a year at earliest is what I predict. Others know more than me of course but that's what I'm feeling. So that's 2021 for completion. At earliest. 

That's blazing speed for a project of that magnitude.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

I'd say 2022 completion. Though frankly they need it sooner, like 2020. We should watch for them signing short term leases.

5 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

^^Which means ground breaks 2020 which is all I meant by "years before we see any dirt move". 

I'd say 2019 ground breaking is possible. I'm just concerned about the economy staying robust.

12 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Honestly. I think we should all just let this one run its course before we go too crazy. Just doesn't feel like the right time for a new tallest in Charlotte.

Because of Duke's possible image problem ? Don't know what else. It has the space to consolidate. And the economy is a l-o-n-g way from teetering on the edge of collapse.

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Because of Duke's possible image problem ? Don't know what else. It has the space to consolidate. And the economy is a l-o-n-g way from teetering on the edge of collapse.

That among other things. They'd really have to have a reason to develop a 1.5M sq foot tower. Massive consolidation would be great, but they have some pretty lengthy leases at 400. I could see them selling off the old HQ and the Data Center, but its hard to see them leaving DEC #1

Edited by Guest