Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

I would assume the demolition costs at 526 S Church would be cost prohibitive due to the size of the building as long as there are other parcels available Uptown that would not require demolition.  In other words, I would think a developer would have to build an absolutely huge building to justify the land acquisition and that large of a demolition job.  That is a complete assumption though, so I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Any more info on this? How much of the site would be taken over? Height?

The biggest negative is this is ANOTHER site which will go by the wayside that could be a flagship hotel. 

Two acres is enough space for both.

That data center site on s. college beside the convention center would be a perfect spot for a thousand room hotel.

Exactly my thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From glancing at Google Earth earlier, this plot of land looks pretty similar in size to the plot where 300/Kimpton are built on.  I could def see the office tower fronting Tryon st and the hotel portion fronting college.  Would also be directly across from the convention center.  Could imagine the same type setup like 300/kimpton there possibly.  If there is no hotel aspect, I wonder how they will utilize all that space in that lot?  Once everything is all said and done though (this tower, TP, LH, and hopefully all the retail surrounding these projects), I see the intersection of Tryon/Stonewall giving Trade/Tryon a run for it's money!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Popsickle said:

I was under the impression that the whole project is still complete speculation.

The office part isn't speculation. I have fairly concrete details from a couple sources now, at least the tryon/office facing part of the project. Looking at somewhere between 5th and 7th new tallest building in Uptown, not huge but a big deal for that lot.

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

maybe a little taller, but not by much.

At 525 that would make it taller than BOFA Plaza building which is at 503 and shorter than the Vue at 560, which make it the 6th tallest.

That is awesome for this site!

Edited by saamh
  • Like 2

Just now, saamh said:

At 525 that would make it taller than BOFA Place building which is at 503 and shorter than the Vue at 560, which make it the 6th tallest.

That is awesome for this site!

Personally I think it could be as tall as 600, just depends on top of the building, how its built out.

Somebody correct me please... $25m land cost has to be 25% or less of the total project cost.  So total project cost is min $100m.  So if we say $300/sf the project is 333,333sf min. 2 acres is 87,120sf so..... it is possible we will get a 5 story apartment building?!?!?!?

Just now, archiham04 said:

Somebody correct me please... $25m land cost has to be 25% or less of the total project cost.  So total project cost is min $100m.  So if we say $300/sf the project is 333,333sf min. 2 acres is 87,120sf so..... it is possible we will get a 5 story apartment building?!?!?!?

I'll move back to Florida if that's what we get.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, QClifer said:

my source said it would be a parking lot facing tryon and 5story stick built facing college!!

BREAKING NEWS: 

The parking lot will be dug up, and then sold to Daniel Levine as a patch of red clay.