Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

• 1 month later...
His opinion stinks?

All the hog poo and coal ash stink. But yea, I think the coal ash thing is almost equivalent to Wells Fargo’s recent issues. It’s mind boggling that their environmental impact isn’t getting more press, but I’m sure if they go forward on this tower, their dirty laundry gets aired. But yes, it’s just an opinion no inside knowledge. Just instincts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

All the hog poo and coal ash stink. But yea, I think the coal ash thing is almost equivalent to Wells Fargo’s recent issues. It’s mind boggling that their environmental impact isn’t getting more press, but I’m sure if they go forward on this tower, their dirty laundry gets aired. But yes, it’s just an opinion no inside knowledge. Just instincts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, and I agree with you. But, some take every utterance as gospel.

At least it seems like Duke is tackling the issue head on and not trying to down play the significance of this. They were very clear about the potential danger and even went so far as to list the harmful materials that are in it like lead and arsenic.

Hopefully they can contain the spill and will work to further clean up the coal ash dumps. 

This spill actually happened at a natural gas plant. The coal ash was still just sitting around from when it was a coal plant. Considering this isn't the first time their coal ash dumps are hitting national headlines, I'd expect Duke to make a big effort to rectify the issue.

Edited by Nick2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...