Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

39 floors would rule out any conversations about a new tallest in Charlotte.  If you take the same height/floors ratio used in the DEC (including the big handle), that would put this tower at about 639' - a bit higher than LU1.  Time will tell how tall they decide to build this thing.

Edited by CTiger

6 minutes ago, CTiger said:

39 floors would rule out any conversations about a new tallest in Charlotte.  If you take the same height/floors ratio used in the DEC (including the big handle), that would put this tower at about 639' - a bit higher than LU1.  Time will tell how tall they decide to build this thing.

Its time for height guesses!

Personally I'm going to guess 671' I was told 100' of decoration a while back.

Edited by Guest

Rendering Q1 the messages says.  This great news.  My initial questions/comments are...

1. I hope there is more then just office component in one tower on that land.  I'd like two structures.

2. The data center site and old 1960's Duke on Church they both plan to sell.... I can't see any use for them other then demolish and new build of something at some point.   Does anyone think they are viable for a use other than demo and new build?

3. Come on go bigger than 39 floors.  Consolidate the rest of your space and go 50+ :P

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

2. The data center site and old 1960's Duke on Church they both plan to sell.... I can't see any use for them other then demolish and new build of something at some point.   Does anyone think they are viable for a use other than demo and new build?

1000 room convention-center hotel site...?

29 minutes ago, pathb said:

1000 room convention-center hotel site...?

Yea I know this site has been talked about for that.  I'm more curious in if anyone thinks both of Dukes for sale sites could be 'saved' and made useful as is for a new owner.  I'm hoping no one does as I want these brutalist monstrosities leveled ASAP.

• Like 2

From their press release:

"By consolidating office space into a new building, the company will avoid spending millions of dollars annually to manage and maintain several inefficient and aging facilities that are more than 40 years old."

"These actions will allow us to operate our business more efficiently, enhance employee productivity and better serve our customers and communities," said Melissa Anderson, Duke Energy's executive vice president, administration and chief human resources officer. "It will also free up premium real estate in Uptown Charlotte – currently in high demand – for other purposes."

I don't think they'll be marketing those parcels based on the value of those buildings...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pathb said:

From their press release:

I don't think they'll be marketing those parcels based on the value of those buildings...

oh yea, those will be demolished. Unlike AT&T Plaza, which is was only 22-23 years old when it was redone,  the college street and church street buildings are turds and will see the wrecking ball. Which is great news, they are both miserable from street level an architecturally insignificant. They are more valuable as future additions to the advancing streetscape of college street, church street, and stonewall street, respectively.

Edited by Guest