Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

Let’s not forget that tvsdesign gave us this beauty in Dubai and it’s essentially a box.. I think that, regardless if it’s boxy or some other shape, tvsdesign won’t disappoint.
593F36AB-1DFB-4A0E-822D-ABF4849267D8.thumb.jpeg.3948a79a637a847c07407beba1bc295c.jpeg

Yea I was going to say. They are a top notch international firm, have faith people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Clemson16 said:

Add 30 stories and build a joint Duke/BB&T-Suntrust tower?

That would be my preferred method. Though I don't know how I feel about a 950+ building on the edge of downtown

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That would be my preferred method. Though I don't know how I feel about a 950+ building on the edge of downtown

Charlotte is ready for 950'+.  Yet another 2m sf tower, which should be way over 1,000' was just announced for NY.  If NY can have over 20 1,000'+ towers, the Queen should have one too.  I hope that when it's built, it's the tallest between Philly and Miami.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

RDF seems to know that Duke will be around 650'.  I hope that a thin, supertall residential-hotel tower will rise on the LU or old Duke sites.    The Queen is ready! 

I want a super tall but I don’t know if I want it to be one of those thin things like they are building in New York. I want it to be a real skyscraper. I am afraid that those shoots of bamboo are going to take away from the great trees of New York City.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Big corporations don't like to go into the same building and the Business Journal article about the bank merger stated they may want a separate location for their technology department.

Back to Duke this needs to be at least 1 Million sq ft to hold them but might need to be bigger to allow for growth and possibly of additional mergers between Duke and others.  

KJ. Go eat some donuts and let us fantasize.

Wouldn’t Duke actually make more money if they could lease out 10 floors to suntrust?  It would be their building. They can better justify a new tower to regulators? It’s not like they’re leasing  a floor to wework, a floor to a law firm. 

Im grasping at straws but I don’t care. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Haha 2