Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

15 minutes ago, Phillydog said:

Duke says it has no knowledge of the project on land they own, according to the Bizjournal?!?

Just going on from that:

"We did not file this document," said Neil Nissan, a spokesman for Duke Energy. "We had no knowledge a third-party group was filing this document. It was done without our approval. At this time, we have no definitive plans for this property."

That has to be a white lie. 

32 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Just going on from that:

"We did not file this document," said Neil Nissan, a spokesman for Duke Energy. "We had no knowledge a third-party group was filing this document. It was done without our approval. At this time, we have no definitive plans for this property."

That has to be a white lie. 

What would be the point?  To buy time for a more formal roll-out?

Edited by Phillydog

I guess that means everyone who works in this building will be entitled to free parking. 
Should we change the title of the thread to 525 S College?

For those concerned about it only being 35 floors, It's going to be a tall 35 floors. Could hit 610-625

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, QClifer said:

How many spaces and levels underground does the DEC tower have? im guessing 1400 spaces is about 3-4 floors underground. Would this building take about 2.5-3 years to complete since there will be so much excavation?

2100 spaces on 9 levels. 

Edited by Guest

ANNNNND Withdrawn. lol

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 2.31.34 PM.png

Someone from Childress Klein just looked at my linkedin profile maybe I should be a little less transparent on twitter and urban planet LOL

Edited by Guest

I am afraid the Jeanie is out of the bottle Duke in no way bought this land to hold it for long term. I guess they were not ready for the instant knowledge of their plans. Can't wait to see what Childress Klein and Duke have in mind in terms of design. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

Just now, KJHburg said:

I am afraid the Jeanie is out of the bottle Duke in now way bought this land to hold it for long term. I guess they were not ready for the instant knowledge of their plans. Can't wait to see what Childress Klein and Duke have in mind in terms of design. 

@uptownliving had an interesting angle. perhaps Duke needs permission from federal regulators to spend $500M on a project, and that hasn't occured yet. 

6 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Basically Childress Klein hit send before they were supposed to and now Duke is pissed. It's still gonna happen. Anyone in DEC that can grab a pic of the lot for me please?

This means it should be more than 35 stories now. If they want to make a spectacle, they gotta do better than this now. 

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I am afraid the Jeanie is out of the bottle Duke in no way bought this land to hold it for long term. I guess they were not ready for the instant knowledge of their plans. Can't wait to see what Childress Klein and Duke have in mind in terms of design. 

IMG_7573.PNG

• Like 4

To the person who already added this tower on the proposed building list on wikipedia I say thanks! I would put a PLUS sign by the height as it will be way more than 500 feet. wonder if Charlotte Metro Center is the name of the whole complex? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Charlotte,_North_Carolina

• Like 2

As a Duke employee, when I saw that article on the Charlotte Observer blog, my thought was, "Oh boy."  Then I thought about it some more and it became an LOL moment.  It was such a huge deal to the company that we received an internal e-mail addressing what was posted on the Charlotte Observer.

I always thought that lot had a chance of an office tower development, albeit very remotely.  But I never thought my own company would purchase that parcel.  It'll be interesting what becomes of it.  In any case, you don't purchase 2.1 acres of land for $27.5 million in the central business district just to build a doggie park. 

Edited by dxartist
  • Like 3