Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

Nice.  Being an employee, I will be keeping my eye on this.  

Never a good look to layoff part of the workforce and then build a massive tower.  We'll see how this goes.  Still, this should be a good looking building.

52 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Shall we start taking bets on when we get the official news (either through  Accela or media  release)?

I say Tuesday March 5th because I can’t imagine waiting any longer than that. 

Um... I'll Guess April 1st

23 minutes ago, MACyr said:

Noticed earlier guessing stories and height, with some for fun or, do we already know these numbers?

My guess is

36 stories and 440'

I think you're underestimating the floor heights, the lobby area, and the possible top decorative portion. LU is 35  stories and 632ft so if this is 36 stories  with a grand lobby/retail area and decorative top I would say you're looking at around  620-650.' If the floor heights are the same, with the thickness of each floor system, which makes the  building even taller. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

I think you're underestimating the floor heights, the lobby area, and the possible top decorative portion. LU is 35  stories and 632ft so if this is 36 stories  with a grand lobby/retail area and decorative top I would say you looking at around  620-650.' If the floor heights are the same, with the thickness of each floor system, which makes the  building even taller. 

I'll amend my realistic guess....

36 stories, 661'

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But what about the design?  Assuming that you've seen it, will people on this forum be pleased or just think that it's merely ok and nice to have another tower?

he hasn't seen the design, nor have I, so stop asking. I've seen early versions that have all kept a consistent street formatting and conveyed those descriptions to him.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

he hasn't seen the design, nor have I, so stop asking. I've seen early versions that have all kept a consistent street formatting and conveyed those descriptions to him.

I knew you hadn't, but I had no reason to believe that he hadn't which is why I asked him and not you.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I knew you hadn't, but I had no reason to believe that he hadn't which is why I asked him and not you.

@Jayvee and I are basically a team. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

@Jayvee and I are basically a team. 

From those outlines in what you presented some weeks ago, I have a feeling they will do something like the new Salesforce Tower in San Fran but shorter. This screams sister to the original Duke Energy. lol 

Side Note..Wish they would include the new 1000 room hotel on the back end of this lot directly across from the Convention  Center.

Image result for salesforce skyscraper

Edited by j-man
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

2-4 floor buildings with retail fronting Tryon, with a narrow pedestrian plaza snaking through to the entrance of the tower which is set back to College Street.

Tower on the rear of the lot toward College. Not hotel. (maybe)

Edited by tarhoosier

From those outlines in what you presented some weeks ago, I have a feeling they will do something like the new Salesforce Tower in San Fran but shorter. This screams sister to the original Duke Energy. lol 
Side Note..Wish they would include the new 1000 room hotel on the back end of this lot directly across from the Convention  Center.
2018-09-28-19-44-53_5bae84b522072.jpg&key=ce81f1938757d9d6f0e2a9ec84108b1b9f1ab09534ae89084ba8e04f4db1a9ec

I will guess that this is not what they’ll do. :-). Too expensive for a company that laid off 2000 and had a big rate hike. It’ll be a box, with some stuff on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I will guess that this is not what they’ll do. :-). Too expensive for a company that laid off 2000 and had a big rate hike. It’ll be a box, with some stuff on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooooooo don't talk like that lmao!! But this design is very simple but really nice so I was thinking it would be cheaper for this route. 

Edited by j-man

16 minutes ago, j-man said:

Nooooooooo don't talk like that lmao!! But this design is very simple but really nice so I was thinking it would be cheaper for this route. 

Might look simple, but its not. Every facet, every custom cut window, the fluting, the tapering, all that is exponentially more expensive than a box. Trust me I wish I never saw the beautiful curved version.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Might look simple, but its not. Every facet, every custom cut window, the fluting, the tapering, all that is exponentially more expensive than a box. Trust me I wish I never saw the beautiful curved version.

Ugh! Well the original Duke tower is gorgeous and it's a box. They might just copy and paste,  and cut a few floors. lol 

Just now, CLT704 said:

If it's a box, I'd like to see something like Brookfield Place in Calgary: 

brookfield-place-calgary-arney-fender-ka

Or do curved edges count as complex? lol

Anyhow, I like the curves, the glass and the crown: classy but not splashy.

oooo I like that. Its classy. I'd take this for Duke. 

1 minute ago, CLT704 said:

If it's a box, I'd like to see something like Brookfield Place in Calgary: 

Or do curved edges count as complex? lol

Anyhow, I like the curves, the glass and the crown: classy but not splashy.

That looks great. Seems like the same concept as 1BAC, but much more elegant

• Like 2