Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

9 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Charlotte Biz Journal now has an article on the new Duke Energy tower: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/15/a-first-look-at-duke-energys-planned-39-story.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

Sounds like we should get more detailed renderings and info once they filed their plans with the city on Monday. 

I can't read the article, but hopefully Monday is the real deal!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dale said:

Interesting, seems they weren’t at all concerned about the rendering being leaked.

I dunno. I got a "how the fudge you get that." except they used a less chocolate and delicious word.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

well this is the quietest this website has gotten after a HUGE leak. Is it because its friday?

I love the design.  Would like to see some higher quality renderings, and maybe from a few angles.   Holding off some of my excitement in anticipation of that.  I also wish it was slightly taller.  I am not one to think height alone makes a good tower, but I like this tower so much that I want it to be prominent.  Is there any chance this grows a few floors?  Will DEC completely block view of DEC2 from BofA stadium?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

well this is the quietest this website has gotten after a HUGE leak. Is it because its friday?

the official notice is coming Monday it seems.  then the height will be disclosed I am sure.  I predicted this would happen on a Friday just thought it would be last week when I was out of town.

I like it and as long as it is 620 feet plus I am very happy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Synopsis101 said:

That and low resolution.

10 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

And no height info... I am a size queen after all.

OHHHHH, so we will freak out on Monday. Got it.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

OHHHHH, so we will freak out on Monday. Got it.

The green Krispy Kreme doughnuts came out today so people are probably lined up out the door to get some then there is a UNC Duke rematch game uptown.  

As long as it is 620 feet or more I am happy and we have all known it has been coming for months and months.  Now lets talk about Legacy 3 LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess we will find out Monday whether it is actually going to be 39 or 40 floors. One Wells Fargo is 588' at 42 floors, so I suppose DEC 2 will appear close in height or slightly taller.  Looking forward to better renderings, but I really like what has been leaked so far.

• Like 3

Disappointing IMHO.  I was hoping for something more compelling that could join BOA Corporate as a landmark.  It looks to me like a very tall suburban office park building.  I'm holding out hope though for a better ground plain interface with the terrestrial world and more detail....

• Like 1