Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

Will the LU hotel be big enough to blunt the urgency for the CC hotel ?

Oh, saw where you said ‘skinny’ hotel.

I think there’s demand for a two large hotels, just not enough private will/ risk taking/ financiers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

default_yahoo.gif

I miss these old emojis.

I was comparing Charlotte to other cities in terms of top 20 buildings today. With Duke we are very similar to Denver and approaching Minneapolis. With what you just described, we would be on another level, approaching Downtown Dallas in terms of top 20 buildings. (Would love a 900 footer)

Just educated guesses over here. Don’t read too much into it. Those are my formal predictions tho.

52 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Call legacy Union 3, at Mint and Hill/277 a 400 ft rectangle with a curved mint frontage. Legacy 4 at Tryon and Stonewall 425 feet, call Legacy 5 a skinny hotel at 410 feet behind Legacy 4 on the same block fronting church, call what I’m calling Suntrust/BBT at Church and Stonewall 700 feet, and a skinny residential tower fronting Mint at 300 feet.
That should do us for Legacy Union.

Spirit Square, add in 400 feet at 7th and Tryon in the hall house parking lot, 250 feet on top of the library, 325 feet at 6th and college, 250 at 7th and college, 225 feet fronting college between 7th and 8th. Plus 200 feet on the backside of discovery place (trust me, I’m not crazy)

This sounds great.

Do you think that BB&T and Honeywell will contract for new towers this year (or early in 2020) or is this more of a long-term scenario that might occur two  or three years from now?

Any hot rumors on the lots near the transportation center ?

Nope, but something has got to give

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds great.
Do you think that BB&T and Honeywell will contract for new towers this year (or early in 2020) or is this more of a long-term scenario that might occur two  or three years from now?

Honeywell will happen within 3 months, BBTRUST by end of year.

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nope, but something has got to give

Honeywell will happen within 3 months, BBTRUST by end of year.

That’s fantastic!

Hopefully, those two towers will be rising out of the ground when the RNC occurs.

2 hours ago, grodney said:

RDF, I believe you have a feet fetish.

HAHAHA

Note: I had a lot of craft beers in me when I wrote all that, so I'm impressed its coherent.

Edited by Guest

On 3/19/2019 at 4:47 AM, dxartist said:

Ha!  Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't do anything special.  Since I work the company, I logged on my laptop like any other work morning and literally stumbled on the image on intranet.  I had a smile on my face and thought, "Well, the guys at UP would love this."

You didn't do anything special?  You only gave us a huge scoop -- as in 40 stories high scoop -- of what this major skyscraper will look like, days before any other news outlet.  Consider yourself hired!  And keep on stumbling along.

• Like 1