Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

Thanks @ricky_davis_fan_21

I love how the glass angles inward and gets narrower toward the top. Should be a sharp looking tower with some nice visual interest.

I still think the tower should front College to be more offset from DEC, but I understand why they chose to front Tryon. I'll settle for a couple of retail spots on College. 

Interesting how they're treating the south facing side. The window cut-out should look nice against the Gantt Center. So excited!:yahoo:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Thanks @ricky_davis_fan_21

I love how the glass angles inward and gets narrower toward the top. Should be a sharp looking tower with some nice visual interest.

I still think the tower should front College to be more offset from DEC, but I understand why they chose to front Tryon. I'll settle for a couple of retail spots on College. 

Interesting how they're treating the south facing side. The window cut-out should look nice against the Gantt Center. So excited!:yahoo:

The glass panels on the outside are blue and reflective, 

The glass in the inset areas is greener and transparent. Its going to have great contrast. 

The front white 8 floor facade is ALL VIDEO WALL. 

Really like the building overall.  On the skyline, it is just different enough to standout.

The Tryon side ground level seems like it could have more retail and maybe a plaza type area.  But, overall, I do like it.

Edited by CLT_sc

2 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Question - Does the black line below at the base indicate the width of the lot? I'm trying to visualize how wide this is going to be and how flush it's going to appear against the Gantt center and the church. 

image.png.263947e99fda41f0a9552006d0c6413f.png

image.png.072652f85cac04449ebbd7053c100eb6.png

image.thumb.png.be43cf974c91a52e11d2fa3cc3e6d4ce.png

No need to visualize, here ya go. 

6 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

The Tryon side ground level seems like it could have more retail and maybe a plaza type area.  But, overall, I do like it.

Itll have lots of all of that.

3 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Now I'm a little blue.

Cheer up fella, we got a way cooler tower than LU1 coming now. Don't be so sad.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

As for retail per all the approved plans on Accela there is a total of 13,211Sqft retail, 7687 Tryon side and 5525 Collage 

There will be more. mark my words. 

Edited by Guest