Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

16 hours ago, Desert Power said:

^^^ We should really do everything possible to make Uptown like this.

I think it's a bit of a pipe dream, but it can be done. It was posted on here a week or so ago that a lot of projects are being built with minimum parking requirements waived. Large buildings like hotels will inevitably continue to have parking included for the foreseeable future, which is honestly fine with me, I'd rather have decks concealed in or under structures than have blocks of buildings with no parking and then have a massive deck here or there messing up the cityscape. I think developers, especially residential are recognizing the unsightly nature of parking decks and are taking more steps than just screening like they had been a few years ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-Rob said:

* blue font * Because incentives are being approved for WF to officially move headquarters to the current DEC, so DEC2 is growing taller to accommodate additional executives.

It makes sense to move Wells HQ to the QC.  But for private equity, SF isn’t a banking powerhouse.  Also, I guarantee that 90% of Wells’ employees in SF make less than $250k per year, which is nothing in SF.  If their salaries were dropped by 1/3, they’d fare much better in Charlotte, and the company would save a fortune on office space ($30/sf for QC space vs. $80-$100/sf in SF).

The upper echelon execs who want big city life could move to NY where Wells’ IB owns 750k sf of space at 30 HY.

Edited by SydneyCarton

• 2 weeks later...