Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

2 hours ago, CLT_sc said:

Here’s a construction question, they are building a square with some steel I-beams close to the  hut.  Size wise, it looks to be similar to a tower crane, is this how the tower crane foundations are built?

not sure what this could be.

As other's have said, possibly a mockup, I'm not sure if this will be a steel or concrete building, but even if it is concrete, they could be using steel to create a more open and airy lobby. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Love the name, great idea, here's a billion dollars.

I bank at Wells Fargo, Bank of America and 5/3 so please deposit your shares for MeWorks where every parking hut comes with a Mr Coffee and 6 pack of craft beer.  And don't worry I wont buy a $60 M jet either but I do have 2 pilot friends I could hire as my pilot. 

I am very excited about this 41 story tower to rise while other cities are building 20-25 story towers we build them big here and preleased 1 Million sq ft too.  Still time to add some floors especially if the buy Santee Cooper, the Jacksonville FL utility company or the Puerto Rican utility they are looking at buying. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I bank at Wells Fargo, Bank of America and 5/3 so please deposit your shares for MeWorks where every parking hut comes with a Mr Coffee and 6 pack of craft beer.  And don't worry I wont buy a $60 M jet either but I do have 2 pilot friends I could hire as my pilot. 

What about a Kripsy Kreme doughnut slot ?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Looking at their progress I seriously doubt it.  I gave an estimate a month ago but I’m pretty sure there won’t be vertical construction (peaking above ground level) until sometime in the Mid to Late 1st Quarter of next year.

They have Hauling restrictions, Blasting Restrictions, Noise Restrictions, etc to work around slowing things down.  Not to mention it’s typically cold wet rainy weather we’re coming into (fall/winter) as well as the major Holidays.  

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

I still can't figure out why CK is being so stingy with renderings. It's weird. 

Did CK also develop DEC? DECN renderings were quite stingy too IIRC. The only reason I can think of is that it was mentioned the design wasn't finalised when they announced the building ?