Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

On 11/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, Bruco72 said:

I had a birds eye view for the ally construction and this seems similar. An absolutely crazy amount of blasting and rock removal. Dump trucks were lined up 6 deep for months all day everyday to take away material. Made me appreciate how insanely expensive and difficult a buried ramp is. 

They must've found gold, maybe they can use it to fund this place into being Charlotte's new tallest, skyline symmetry be damned. 

• Haha 1

Coincidence or Conspiracy??? You be the judge....(as for me, the Duke name is terribly marred by this story and I will look a little bit differently at this gleaming tower of power when it’s completed). Money rules the day, lives and the environment be damned. If you can watch this and not get just a little bit angry or heartbroken, then you have to ask yourself why????

ps—-please feel free to discuss this topic in the “Bad News Report”,  since that’s exactly what this is. However, I posted it here first simply because I personally believe Duke is 100% guilty in this matter. I believe it’s a cover up of EPIC proportions and the deniability is evident in the last few minutes when reports were asked for and NEVER provided. We all love Towers and a Booming City, but not at this cost.

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, CLT_sc said:

Channel 3 set up their broadcast platform for tomorrow’s parade in front of the hut, it will get some air time.  Could start a bidding war to help pay for removing all of the rock on site.

Must be the new color 

another thing to watch on the parade is how it comes over the Square where the street car construction is and how the shots of the new buildings on S Tryon.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Must be the new color 

another thing to watch on the parade is how it comes over the Square where the street car construction is and how the shots of the new buildings on S Tryon.    

Tryon is open to traffic at the square today. They put down steel plates and temporary asphalt through the intersection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that they're completed with the Rock excavation, foundation contractor can begin installing the building foundation.  I wonder if it'll be MicroPiles?  If so, Then I still stand by my estimate of Late 1st Quarter to have Tower Crane in Place and the beginnings of Vertical construction reaching\making it back to Street Level.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:05 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Now that they're completed with the Rock excavation, foundation contractor can begin installing the building foundation.  I wonder if it'll be MicroPiles?  If so, Then I still stand by my estimate of Late 1st Quarter to have Tower Crane in Place and the beginnings of Vertical construction reaching\making it back to Street Level.

Has the rock excavation been completed?