Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

Just now, JorgiPorgi said:

What? The skyline is super symmetric.. .nothing is being thrown off by adding another 600 footer where it’s at. A sleek office building most southern cities aren’t building. 

You’re missing what I’m saying. Hearst and BofA are in the exact middle of Uptown, but all of the developments are going up on the south side. I’m saying nothing north past Hearst is even past the 300 ft mark which past that point is half of all of Uptown 

I think the problem here is you are using 277 as a point of reference for what establishes Center City. But the reality of it is, the economic center of Uptown Charlotte is becoming Stonewall and Tryon. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think the problem here is you are using 277 as a point of reference for what establishes Center City. But the reality of it is, the economic center of Uptown Charlotte is becoming Stonewall and Tryon. 

But am I wrong?? That just proves my point because technically when you divide the wards of Uptown the exact center is BofA which is the tallest building uptown so technically it is the center though most of the developments are going up south. So my point is proven lol the Uptown Skyline is unbalanced. 

From this angle and the center point of the entire uptown,  BofA stands at the center with both sides being considered Uptown. Which the north side only has 3 noticeable towers although they are shorter. skyhouse 1 and 2 and the office building beside it. 

C9D62E60-41B4-4873-BB2C-F0116D0339EB.jpeg

Edited by j-man
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, j-man said:

But am I wrong?? That just proves my point because technically when you divide the wards of Uptown the exact center is BofA which is the tallest building uptown so technically it is the center though most of the developments are going up south. So my point is proven lol the Uptown Skyline is unbalanced. 

From this angle and the center point of the entire uptown,  BofA stands at the center with both sides being considered Uptown. Which the north side only has 3 noticeable towers although they are shorter. skyhouse 1 and 2 and the office building beside it. 

C9D62E60-41B4-4873-BB2C-F0116D0339EB.jpeg

Here's the point you are missing. The skyline is moving toward Southend. So Really Duke Energy Center is the center.

image.thumb.png.1e1d0d27f0d0504229ba19daf181e382.png

42 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Are we really trying to re-establish the very obvious boundary of Uptown? The Uptown skyline is very much unbalanced and the SouthEnd skyline is not prominent enough to combine them. 

I think you will be taking that statement back in a few years. I would expect all development between E. Park and 277, from Royal Court to Mint, in the future, to be high rise. Including buildings the height of Ally Center

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Here's the point you are missing. The skyline is moving toward Southend. So Really Duke Energy Center is the center.

image.thumb.png.1e1d0d27f0d0504229ba19daf181e382.png

No YOURE missing my point because I clearly stated that the skyline is moving south. I literally said those words early you just didn’t read it. I’m talking about the skyline of Uptown...I said Uptown over and over. UPTOWN not SouthEnd. I said the south side of uptown makes uptown’s skyline unbalanced because the north side doesn’t have but a few towers...

58 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Are we really trying to re-establish the very obvious boundary of Uptown? The Uptown skyline is very much unbalanced and the SouthEnd skyline is not prominent enough to combine them. 

Lmao this is EXACLTY  what I’m saying but I didn’t know it needed this much explaining. 

54 minutes ago, kickazzz2000 said:

It’s.  Really.  Not. That. Big. A. Deal.

It’s really not but I’m always attacked as soon as I respond to anything. Someone said the skyline wasn’t balanced and I agreed and I explained why and the rest is history. Ugh 

• Confused 4

"am hoping there is an arcade or linear park that spans the whole length connecting Tryon and College streets"

isn't there going to be an arcade that runs alongside the church between Tryon and College?

I don't really see the skyline as unbalanced especially since the completion of LU1. Skyline now has a suspension bridge type of effect when viewing from the east/west. It's really quite unique.

Edited by DownEast

1 hour ago, j-man said:

No YOURE missing my point because I clearly stated that the skyline is moving south. I literally said those words early you just didn’t read it. I’m talking about the skyline of Uptown...I said Uptown over and over. UPTOWN not SouthEnd. I said the south side of uptown makes uptown’s skyline unbalanced because the north side doesn’t have but a few towers...

Lmao this is EXACLTY  what I’m saying but I didn’t know it needed this much explaining. 

It’s really not but I’m always attacked as soon as I respond to anything. Someone said the skyline wasn’t balanced and I agreed and I explained why and the rest is history. Ugh 

The confused faces on your opinion say a lot. 

I'm saying I think Southend will be considered a district of Uptown within 5 years.

Let me just say that some things stay behind the scenes for a long time. In fact, all things do, and theres a lot in planning that you guys have no idea about that will make SouthEnd be way more uptown-like.

2 hours ago, j-man said:

Historically, the office district with y'all buildings have always been on South Tryon and not North Tryon. Trade and Tryon is where the city was founded and is where the center of the commercial district may have been, but office development was mostly concentrated on S Tryon over the last century.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The confused faces on your opinion say a lot. 

I'm saying I think Southend will be considered a district of Uptown within 5 years.

No the confused faces don’t say a lot. People are always doing that like the downvotes on my post. The only think I said was that the skyline within the loop is not balanced and I put a pic up to show how it isn’t. From sky house to LU the skyline is not symmetric....I have no idea why that concept is so hard to understand. I know that SouthEnd is growing but I was referring to UPTOWN only look at this pic again and tell me from one side of the loop to the other if you think that the density is symmetrical or balanced using BofA as the center of uptown....like am I in a twilight zone? 

687C4666-93AA-4FEE-8E79-334522E579A8.jpeg

Edited by j-man

Just now, j-man said:

No the confused faces don’t say a lot. People are always doing that like the downvotes on my post. The only think I said was that the skyline within the loop is not balanced and I put a put to show how it isn’t. From sky house to LU the skyline is not symmetric....I have no idea why that concept is so hard to understand. I know that SouthEnd is growing but I was referring to UPTOWN only...like am I in a twilight zone? 

I'm saying if you are going to include Skyhouse as part of the skyline, then you have to include Southend, which will be denser than around sky house within 5-8 years. Heres a visual of the future. 

image.thumb.png.e785c576dbe615f4bff2e46080ddd7de.png

18 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Historically, the office district with y'all buildings have always been on South Tryon and not North Tryon. Trade and Tryon is where the city was founded and is where the center of the commercial district may have been, but office development was mostly concentrated on S Tryon over the last century.

But what does that have to do with my initial statement....I said uptown wasn’t balanced from one side to the other regardless of any of that. North Tryon is still co suffered Uptown so that was what I was speaking to. 

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm saying if you are going to include Skyhouse as part of the skyline, then you have to include Southend, which will be denser than around sky house within 5-8 years. Heres a visual of the future. 

image.thumb.png.e785c576dbe615f4bff2e46080ddd7de.png

oh my god....I said Uptown only. skyhouse  apartment are technically seen as part of the skyline since it is in fact Uptown and are taller structures. Again I said Uptown skyline with BofA the center 

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

But what does that have to do with my initial statement....I said uptown wasn’t balanced from one side to the other regardless of any of that. North Tryon is still co suffered Uptown so that was what I was speaking to. 

oh my god....I said Uptown only. skyhouse  apartment are technically seen as part of the skyline since it is in fact Uptown and are taller structures. Again I said Uptown skyline with BofA the center 

I understand your viewpoint. I just think its myopic, because I think people will be calling across 277 Uptown as well in 5 years. Thats all I'm saying... But what do I know.

Edited by Guest

This is the map of Uptown....I’m only speaking to what is technically the Uptown Skyline not SouthEnd. The Wards of Uptown meet directly in the middle where Bank Of America is making it the center of the city.  A long time ago there were no tall buildings along Stonewall but there are now, which make it unbalanced to me. 

FCBD3969-5B27-41D7-A1B0-1A79070EC999.jpeg

Edited by j-man

2 minutes ago, j-man said:

This is the map of Uptown....I’m only speaking to what is technically the Uptown Skyline not SouthEnd. The Wards of Uptown meet directly in the middle where Bank Of America is making it the center of the city.  A long time ago there were no y’all buildings along Stonewall but there are now, which make it unbalanced to me. 

FCBD3969-5B27-41D7-A1B0-1A79070EC999.jpeg

I have said I understand your viewpoint, you don't need to expand upon it. But if a skyline becomes one cohesive form, nobody is going to be saying Skyline A, and Skyline B. 

The likely verifiable fact, is the most photographed and cited version of the Charlotte skyline goes from 277 to 8th St.  If you use that as a sample, its probably the most symmetrical skyline around.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I understand your viewpoint. I just think its myopic, because I think people will be calling across 277 Uptown as well in 5 years. Thats all I'm saying... But what do I know.

Listen I TOTALLY agree with you but I was just saying is for what is the extreme density of Uptown only which SouthEnd doesn’t have so that’s why I had not intentions to even mention them. Most people who visit a city always think a skyline is directly in the center of the city’s downtown...that’s all

1 minute ago, j-man said:

Listen I TOTALLY agree with you but I was just saying is for what is the extreme density of Uptown only which SouthEnd doesn’t have so that’s why I had not intentions to even mention them. Most people who visit a city always think a skyline is directly in the center of the city’s downtown...that’s all

lot in that little diagram I created that should excite y'all tho.