New Richmond Arena

eandslee

19 hours ago, marinog711 said:

Delegate Bourne’s bill to divert state sales tax to the Navy Hill project is back in play, VPM’s Roberto Roldan reports on Twitter — “At the request of Speaker @EFillerCorn Del. Bourne’s #NavyHill bill was revived in an emergency meeting of the House Counties, Cities and Towns Committee and referred to Finance. The bill had already been tabled after @JeffMBourne refused to support the bill. Never seen this.”...

So u are saying there is a chance?

Looks like the Finance committee does not meet until Wednesday so we should have something official then.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB1345

• Thanks 1

I think they are ignoring it because it appears that Gray and Trammell have something personal against the Mayor. If that’s the case it wouldn’t matter what the report says, they’d still vote against it!  It’s very wrong and in the process they are taking the city down with them!  Frustrating!

52 minutes ago, marinog711 said:

Wow!  Who would say no to this?!  Interestingly, despite it being VCU, it would be taxable since the land it would sit on would be sold to a private developer!  That’s a new one - it would bring much needed tax revenue to the city.  And City Council is going to kill this plan?  Idiots!!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Wow!  Who would say no to this?!  Interestingly, despite it being VCU, it would be taxable since the land it would sit on would be sold to a private developer!  That’s a new one - it would bring much needed tax revenue to the city.  And City Council is going to kill this plan?  Idiots!!

Too little, too late, and too last minute.

4 of the 5 council members who are striking the ordinances also voted no on the $215k study. They thought the free advisory commission would do enough. Also, one Council member voting for the $215k study voted no to have the commission but is surprisingly voting yes for the project and trying to race bait saying there’s been a lack of african American community input.

still 5-4 no. And it needs to be 7-2 yes so three people need to change their votes in 7 days. Not gonna happen.

At last nights organizational committee meeting, no citizen voiced opposition to striking the ordinances (where were all you guys?) however, about 20 spoke in favor. 

Edited by vaceltic
  • Like 1

I say put navy hill on hold till after the elections are over. Kim gray reva trammel Stephanie lynch and Kristen Larson all need to leave for good. get people on council who aren’t petty and a 2 year old about anything and everything and who have a personal vendetta on the mayor and want to hold Richmond back. I think the best thing to do is put it on hold till next year at the earliest. A project to this big is worth putting on hold till new members come on board and yes I know the mayor could be gone as well but at least get a mayor who sees navy hill as a game change and get everyone on the same page and up to speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vaceltic said:

Too little, too late, and too last minute.

4 of the 5 council members who are striking the ordinances also voted no on the $215k study. They thought the free advisory commission would do enough. Also, one Council member voting for the $215k study voted no to have the commission.l but is voting yes for the project.

still 5-4 no. And it needs to be 7-2 yes so three people need to change their votes in 7 days. Not gonna happen.

At last nights organizational committee meeting, no citizen voiced opposition to striking the ordinances (where were all you guys?) however, about 20 spoke in favor. 

I don’t hold out much hope myself, but I have seen game-winning shots and Hail Marys at the buzzer.  I’ll just say this...it’s possible.  Likely?  Probably not.  

Late or not, I think these plans have been in the works for a while, but Council Members didn’t have the vision in the first place to see what a boon this could be!  They’re really going to have egg on their face if they ultimately kill this.  Could be political suicide. 

Edited by eandslee

6 minutes ago, Asace88 said:

Two comments below:

For the love of god, shut the f*ck up, please.  The people in support of the project were at home with their families living a normal life because no one even knew this was up for discussion .  The people that ooppose this kind of stuff are the same ones always standing outside of City Hall eager for them to open the doors so they can rush inside with their neon pink signs saying “NO NAVY HILL!  WHAT ABOUT THE SCHOOLS?”

FYI, (this goes out to everyone) there is no need to tell everyone to keep things civil.  I am well past that point now.  Being stubborn and close minded because you don’t like big business doesn’t make you intelligent or progressive.  

Reva Trammell was quoted in RTD earlier as saying, “I don’t care if they say the queen of England is coming down here to live, it isn’t going to change my mind”.  

This is the idiotic rhetoric that infuriates me.  This is literally a person with authority over the future direction of our city at a pivotal time essentially saying that it doesn’t matter how important or beneficial something can be for the city.  As long as the person she has a personal beef with (Mayor Stoney) is in support of this that they will oppose it.  The stupidity of her statement is beyond words to me.  

So the public can’t be trusted to vote on this and our elected officials are childish and petty morons.  Sooooo what now...  

That’s easy. So now nothing happens. We have been talking about redeveloping the Boulevard for two decades. 

• Like 2