New Richmond Arena

eandslee

I’ve heard from my cousin who ran for school board a few years ago and lost to Jeff Bourne over on north side she has told me Kim is a very hateful person and is a very terrible person to talk with. This makes me livid that she is running against Stoney she is running on pure hatred for Stoney thinking she can one up him. If she becomes mayor good luck on anything happening in the city. I also heard somewhere that she is very anti mass transit and very anti high density. I really hope for the sake of our city that she doesn’t come close to becoming mayor. If anything I hope she gets out of Richmond politics all together and goes back and does whatever she did before getting involved in Richmond politics. She is just such a nasty person that nothing good can come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

I’ve heard from my cousin who ran for school board a few years ago and lost to Jeff Bourne over on north side she has told me Kim is a very hateful person and is a very terrible person to talk with. This makes me livid that she is running against Stoney she is running on pure hatred for Stoney thinking she can one up him. If she becomes mayor good luck on anything happening in the city. I also heard somewhere that she is very anti mass transit and very anti high density. I really hope for the sake of our city that she doesn’t come close to becoming mayor. If anything I hope she gets out of Richmond politics all together and goes back and does whatever she did before getting involved in Richmond politics. She is just such a nasty person that nothing good can come from.

Question 1: Do you think she could win against Stoney?

Question 2: Do you think she could handle being mayor IF she does win?

Let's be real here, so much of what happened with Navy Hill left a bitter taste in our mouths, but this doesn't really make anything better because she's going to run into the same issues that the previous mayors have dealt with in Richmond politics. I dare say, majority of our issues comes from state legislation, THAT'S WHERE WE NEED TO TAKE OUR FIGHT.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtowner said:

Mike Frontiero is all over RTD saying she’s anti-transit and anti-density, without actually citing why, how, when, and where. Everything else you’re saying is conjecture based on what someone else is saying? Fake news.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DalWill said:

I dare say, majority of our issues comes from state legislation, THAT'S WHERE WE NEED TO TAKE OUR FIGHT.  

Agreed.  The best thing for the city and metro may be for us to dissolve as a city and join Henrico while hopefully maintaining the name Richmond.  This would give us the same status as Arlington while putting us in league with Virginia Beach, but with a more solid foundation than either.  Without this, or some other mechanism to force regional cooperation, Richmond (and HR) will continue to fall behind all of our peers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Completely agree - we need to push for the ability to end independent city status if desired by the localities, and then somehow convince Henrico it would be in their benefit to do so. This would be the biggest positive change for Richmond, possibly in its history.

The mayor could use this as his talking point for re-election (if he could actually accomplish that).

30 minutes ago, Henrico Weather said:

Great! Navy Hill pulled some interest, but HELL NO to arena refurbishing. The colisuem needs to be replaced, period. Knowing council, they'll probably approve it because the city doesn't have to pay it (I suppose). Let see how this turns out, maybe Douglas and Dominion can work an arrangement.

• Like 3

(Douglas thought process) We have several blighted properties in our holdings, why not add one signature piece to the collection! Let's see, it's valued at $51 million? No no no, that can't be right, clearly it's a typo in the city's records, they must mean 15. Yeah 15 sounds good. 15 million it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, DalWill said:

Great! Navy Hill pulled some interest, but HELL NO to arena refurbishing. The Coliseum needs to be replaced, period. Knowing council, they'll probably approve it because the city doesn't have to pay it (I suppose). Let see how this turns out, maybe Douglas and Dominion can work an arrangement.

BUT THE SCHOO... oh wait... 

DalWill - you said it - the existing coliseum needs to be broomed off the face of the earth and replaced by a MODERN, state-of-the-art 18,000-seat palace. I know... dream on, right?

And exactly WHAT is the deal with Stephanie Lynch even suggesting there is a question as to "whether Richmond should be an arena city" ?? Is she on drugs?

For Christ's sake...

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, vaceltic said:

And everyone here was convinced the business community would leave Richmond for dead. Yet only a few weeks later, here we are.

its still a low ball offer. I’d say no to this.

celtic - this offer is hardly encouraging.

As for low ball - it's not just financially low ball, it's low ball in scope. REFURBISH the Coliseum? That pile of rubbish needs to be replaced. Let me spell it out - R -E - P - L - A - C - E - D.  Period, full-stop. Anything less is unacceptable.

I hope it gets laughed off the table.

4 hours ago, Brent114 said:

that figure wasn’t pulled out of thin air. 
$15.8 million is what NH District Co was going to pay for it so....

$15 million with no handouts is a better offer.  Still not great for the city though. 

It's a better offer only according to the typical old-school Richmond mindset - "If it HAS to be done (and we don't think it has to be done) better to get it done CHEAP than to have it done RIGHT."

It's awful for the city and frankly should be rejected out of hand on general principle.

Edited by I miss RVA