Sign in to follow this  
Lmichigan

The Ashton Detroit

The Ashton Detroit will be a 12-story, 98-unit condominium building at 659 Howard Street on the western edge of downtown.

NEWS_170419964_AR_0_MOGSOLMLCBPH.jpg?ito

17426213_1292048847545670_46540532404860

Scheduled completition is for 2019, and they retained a local broker in April.  Units will range in size from 700 SF to 2,500 SF and start out at $267,000.

18 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Thanks for the update!  I'm so happy how drama-free this proposal has been.

It's been such a low-key project, but it could be a game changer to kick off more high-rise developments if things continue to go smoothly.

The browfield plan for the Ashton was completed,  according to The Ashton's facebook page, tonight:

Major milestone complete!

The Detroit City Council approved brownfield credits for the Ashton, a $58 million brand new 14-story luxury condo development complex located on the west end of downtown Detroit. The Ashton will be the first free-standing high rise complex built in Detroit in more than 20 years.

To be built on a parking lot adjacent to WDIV TV-4, the 103-unit new construction project will be developed by 600 Ventures Development Group a partnership of Eric Means and Brian Holdwick.

I was informed by the developer that the 14-story figure includes all floors, which includes 2 underground floors, so that tower hasn't expanded vertically.  However, the number of condo units has been increased from the original 96 to 103.

The developer got back to me with the height of this one:  to the 12th floor penthouse floors, it will be 135 feet, and the overall architectural height will be 156 feet.  Though this all still subject to tweaks now that they've gotten the go-ahead.