markhollin

North Gulch Gateway (Tennessean site), Phase I: Asurion HQ, 8 & 9 stories, 479,000 sq. ft.

This was discussed at the last meet up. A few of us had know this was getting close, but remember this is not a done deal until closing. I know who one of the other bidders was, but not at liberty to say just yet.

Another parcel that may be getting close is the AME property at 8th and the Nasty Stix Round-about.

• Like 4

If this goes thru, what a flurry of activity on the North side...

Gannet site + Nashville Yards + Gulch North = wow!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HGMIII said:

If this goes thru, what a flurry of activity on the North side...

Gannet site + Nashville Yards + Gulch North = wow!

opening a thread only to say to myself "I dont remember posting on here yet....?!"

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Pdt2f. As always great to have another person interested in the state of affairs in the Nashville built environment.

As far as this development land goes, we have to keep the mood a little tempered as there has been so much announced and we have enough in the pipeline for 10 to 15 years of development. Just remember it cant all happen at the same time. This is a general post to the board and not directed at you Pdt2f, as I would never be critical of a first time post.:tw_grin:  Unless someone had a first time post that was a slap in the face of the rules.

• Like 1

i've always considered 12th x broadway to be a hugely important intersection: it's where the gulch (south of broadway), midtown (west of 12th) and downtown (east of 12th) all converge.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Welcome to the forum Pdt2f. As always great to have another person interested in the state of affairs in the Nashville built environment.

As far as this development land goes, we have to keep the mood a little tempered as there has been so much announced and we have enough in the pipeline for 10 to 15 years of development. Just remember it cant all happen at the same time. This is a general post to the board and not directed at you Pdt2f, as I would never be critical of a first time post.:tw_grin:  Unless someone had a first time post that was a slap in the face of the rules.

wow....way to be mean to the new guy! :rolleyes:

The wider portion of that guitar-shaped property I had envisioned as the perfect spot for Nashville's new tallest of up to 60 stories with building resembling Omaha's First National Bank tower. It would look great in the skyline and better yet, it would help connect the "submerged" stretch between Church and Broad. I'd guess at least 2 (or 3) parking levels could go below the bridge level.  But alas! I'm sure Nashville's fear-of-height limits apply there. Wow! Never seen a city so afraid of height since Philly got rid of their limits around City Hall. 

Image result

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

...2021... you know... since that... you know... is when the Asurion lease is up on it's current location and all...

Oops.  Wrong thread!!

2 hours ago, AronG said:

I will not rest until they commit to preserving the beautiful and historic Tennessean building. The gorgeous 20th century concrete facade is an heirloom to future generations, demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt Nashville's ability to design and construct a flat surface. The authentic and exquisite picture windows, an immaculate example of the "gun-slit-in-a-prison" school of architecture are something we can't get back if we let developers tear them down. How many buildings built today have such a sturdy example of a single, rusty, metal door at a major intersection? Not many, because they don't build them like they used to. #SaveTheTennessean

image.png.48d80ff88573b9b8718cd718f42259e4.png

Surely you jest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad they're going downtown! Still confused on the site, but I think that's the very spot I referenced a few posts back today about the "fat part of the guitar shaped lot" of the Tennessean properties. It just looks an awful lot like a building that the SWP team developing Nashville Yards has in their renderings for the Church Street and 10th Avenue part of their project. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2