ricky_davis_fan_21

Market 42 – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

So RDF21, the article was unclear if they were just building the midrise initially beginning this fall, or if the high rise would also begin at the same time.

4 minutes ago, DMann said:

So RDF21, the article was unclear if they were just building the midrise initially beginning this fall, or if the high rise would also begin at the same time.

It states in the article that the first phase would start July 2018 (not this fall) and be complete in July 2020. The midrise and 33 story tower are part of the first phase, there were talks about the second phase being offices but not sure if that is still the plan. 

• Like 2

Finally a project of the scale we would have always expected for some of these parcels.    I'm so glad the land is out of Levine's hands, so he can't meddle with his incompetence like he did with Catalyst that led Novare to give up and move to 3rd Ward a decade ago. 

It's also a perfect block for redevelopment, because it is otherwise a very forgettable spot, but relatively central to the no man's land there now.     Well, one-woman's land. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dubone said:

Well, one-woman's land. 

I saw no sign of her on Thursday afternoon. I may have missed her but I had naive hope she was treated and sheltered finally.

You have not been through this area in the past decade if you are unfamiliar.  

But for you and others, she is a homeless woman with at least a mood disorder, but likely more severe mental illness.   She has her friendly moments, but is often more of a preaching, harassing type.  

She has slowly built out this tent on this exact spot and stayed there for a long time time.  

I believe this will link you to the streetview to see her tent. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2287075,-80.8369396,3a,75y,51.87h,86.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sE0JTFUPgski83KZnvgxRKQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

But according to the streetview history, she didn't do a more permenant tent until the last 3-4 years.   But I know she was there before usually just standing in that spot.  

How does she get away with having a tent blocking a public sidewalk??? Sounds illegal.

On 7/23/2017 at 4:17 PM, KJHburg said:

I saw some construction equipment on the block today when I was at an event at UNC Charlotte uptown.   Anybody seen a rendering and what is the start date maybe the demo will start soon. 

IMG_0623.JPG

• Like 1

According to the BizJournal, this project isn't slated to break ground until July 2018 with completion of phase 1 in July 2020.  It might be a while till we see some solid renderings.

I do like the concept of this development and really want to see how the private "Market Street" with retail will turn out once we get final design of phase two.  And that could include a commercial all high rise or hotel, as well.

• Like 1