The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

This thing is going to torpedo the rental market in uptown

I’m not so sure. Have been making the rounds the last 6 weeks to complex’s uptown and they all seem full and availability sparse if want anything less then 2 months out. The only exception was Novel who are 50% leased. Savoy and 550 not included of course. I kept thinking with Savoy and 550 and the remaining 50% at Novel uptown needs more apartments. Right now nothing under construction and have a 2 year lead time. Those aforementioned three complex’s will be leased up by then.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I’m not so sure. Have been making the rounds the last 6 weeks to complex’s uptown and they all seem full and availability sparse if want anything less then 2 months out. The only exception was Novel who are 50% leased. Savoy and 550 not included of course. I kept thinking with Savoy and 550 and the remaining 50% at Novel uptown needs more apartments. Right now nothing under construction and have a 2 year lead time. Those aforementioned three complex’s will be leased up by then.

With all the offices on Stonewall I was thinking the same thing. Maybe on the block next to that mega parking garage would be a place for more apartments and it could get more foot traffic in that area that is supposed to get lots of retail along with all those developments.

I think Lennar new apartments will lease up just fine.  Why? they are  2 years out from completion.  All their competition 550 Stonewall and Savoy and the others are leasing now or soon will be.  Lennar is looking at leasing 2 years from now.  Who else is under construction uptown?  soon the apartments at FNB Tower and may or may not Northwood project on top of the Polk building that they flatten.  What other apartment towers are getting ready to start uptown?  Just for sure Lennar and FNB Tower and maybe just maybe Northwoods W Trade project. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^^^ I stand corrected and has  that been officially announced like with the size etc. 

Yes 213 room 13 floors. No renderings, Concord Hospitality wouldn’t give up renderings and are dicks, so they got no story from me or@Jayvee

Ashley has a story tho. Also no renderings
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/20/flag-confirmed-for-uptown-hotel-in-first-ward.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this really could be a great project overall.  I do have some concerns though.... The beefiness potential of the tower when looking from the West, street activation as the retail is all in the back and EFIS of course.

I'm not a huge fan of this Hilton flag as these types tend to feel and usually look more suburban but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic as the CBJ article points this out and the developer recognizes the urban environment...

"It seems like there's a need for an extended-stay product" in uptown, Hren said, adding the hotel will be a more urban prototype than a traditional Homewood Suites because of the site's size and its downtown location. The hotel is also expected to include an approximately 4,000-square-foot space that will be leased to a third-party restaurant or other retail tenant, Hren said.

Sorry if duplicated but saw this reposted on Twitter and couldn't recall if we've posted before

I put them up a while back, but thanks for reposting, I love these they are nearly video gamesque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I'm really excited about this Market 42 project. It's going to add a lot of height in that area, if done correctly, will add some cool color, and lastly, spark some energy in that area. 

Side note, does anyone know exactly what that Google fiber building does where that old bar (name escaped me) used to be in? Is it offices, product testing, sales? Doesn't seem to be a good use of space imo especially for that particular area. A resturant or brewery would do a killing there. 7th street market is cool, but need more options close to the park. 

It's an odd little space. They have small some events at the location.

The main thing is just a physical location to advocate for Google fiber and Google in general. The biggest thing they offer and advertise is a laid back meeting space to get a break in some ac or heat from the weather at first ward part with ridiculously fast wifi. 

There are Google products on display to check out with really friendly and knowledgeable staff. 

To me, it gives off a strong vibe of a coffee shop minus the coffee of course. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, atlrvr said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just recreate it?  Paint by numbers style....

Anyone have a skyline mockup of what this will look like when completed?  I cant picture how much height or density it will add in comparison to the rest of the skyline. 

Anyone have a skyline mockup of what this will look like when completed?  I cant picture how much height or density it will add in comparison to the rest of the skyline. 

1c633ed3832c9ef06fdae1e7fc1f9efc.jpg
I’m sure I have something drawn, but this is a more official one from just pass the highway from a Birdseye view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk