The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

Market street is along the light rail. It was incorporated at the same time as the design of the new park on the other side of the rail and along the rail trail. I think that is its origin.

1 hour ago, Desert Power said:

Market St?

It appears to not be on Google Maps

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1

So excited to see this project coming to fruition! The design of the low rise seems to be pretty standard...the high rise looks ok...not sure why but it reminds me of Montreal. Most importantly this will be a big help to get First Ward park more activated in the evenings. Really need to see a rendering from the ground level since the only things that will see the rendering viewpoints are drones.

Edited by uptownliving
add

I highly agree about red, brown and grey.  If done right, these colors can really make this building look great and add some much needed variety to the skyline.  I was in Vancouver a few months ago and one building that I really loved was Woodward's W 43.  This building has a red facade and while some people might not like the building, I thought it was beautiful and really presented itself well in the  Vancouver skyline.   If the developer could incorporate something like this into the development I would be ecstatic.

Woodwards 43.jpg

woodwards 43 2.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Market St?

21 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Market street is along the light rail. It was incorporated at the same time as the design of the new park on the other side of the rail and along the rail trail. I think that is its origin.

It appears to not be on Google Maps

Market Street is a proposed new street that would parallel the light rail for a few blocks between 7th and maybe 10th St (once it gets connected through). I think it came about from the Center City Vision Plan or maybe the Center City Transportation Plan but I could be mistaken about that. Either way, the original idea was that it would be a "festival street" that could be shut down for smaller street festivals and farmers markets, etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

Market Street is a proposed new street that would parallel the light rail for a few blocks between 7th and maybe 10th St (once it gets connected through). I think it came about from the Center City Vision Plan or maybe the Center City Transportation Plan but I could be mistaken about that. Either way, the original idea was that it would be a "festival street" that could be shut down for smaller street festivals and farmers markets, etc.

imagine if we could have a pedestrian only "street".

• Like 2

God that would be wonderful, Filled with retail outdoor dining. Would be nice if developers did that. Is there is going to be a lot of ground floor retail.

Around 17k fronting market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really excited about this building until I saw the yellow, and now all I can think about is the South Park Inspire project that looks like a combination of mustard and throw up....

Man I hope the execution works out because Market 42 has awesome potential.

SPMustard.jpg.c7d1ed40a9c0ff3c12087dca709a74ad.jpg

• Like 1