The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

5 hours ago, AuLukey said:

R.I.P., my favorite art in Uptown

Off topic, but I must admit I laughed a bit as I was taking these shots bc there was something  sooo (old school) Charlotte about it. Destruction of a legacy building — and one with art on it as well! I was like "ahhh the Charlotte of the 90s isn't dead yet!".   I'm only kidding of course. I'm all for this project, just found this demo a bit familiar from when I used to live there. That said, had an amazing trip this week. Man, Charlotte is killing it and is really turning into the city I hoped it could. Yeah lots of work to go (like everywhere) but the trendline of improvements is staggering to me.  You all should be excited. I was. 

In a perfect world this building would have had skinny towers built on either side of it, and the back of the lot would still be engaged to Market street. That's still a utopian Charlotte in 2018.

But I'll take this tower, too! Maybe the next decade post-UDO will be different.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Trying to stop this! (It sorta worked but trust me I didn't stick around) 

IMG_2930.JPG

I heard they were going to preserve that mural and move it to NorthEnd, guess thats of the table :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Marketing flyer for retail space on Market 42 tower.  I like how they mark the Levine land as Proposed  redevelopment.  I forget is that yellow color really going to be on the tower or not? 

https://www.foundrycommercial.com/core/fileparse.php/2530/urlt/Market-42-Flyer_E_20180518.pdf

I really hope someone rethinks the color.  This is one instance where I would rather have good ol’ Charlotte beige.  33 floors of mustard yellow EFIS is basically my worst nightmare.