The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

My only wish is that they continued the bright yellow on the mid rise portion. I hate that developers/architects always have to use like 6 different colors on apartment buildings. And the materials of all those colors look cheap but the high rise portion is pretty nice! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I dont think this is ugly. We have many boxy very predictable buildings in this city especially in an apartment towers I for one like that is different looking at the top than the bottom.  

Don't worry we won't have any more high rise apartment towers this tall for a while especially uptown.  

I will take this over both Skyhouses stacked on top of each other. 

I agree, I love how this tower is different. Those top units are going to be killer too. Although we are in a little slump bc of Covid, the city should not allow any mid rises like Circa being built uptown anymore in prime real estate locations. No more 5 story apartments uptown with no street level retail. Mint apartments in the same boat but at least they have several retail spots. 

• Like 1

I think it looks pretty cool, but there's too much white...I wouldn't necessarily want to see more yellow, but some splotches of another color (brown or black, maybe) would accentuate the asymmetry.  I also think it would have looked better on the midrise portion if there was some variation in height.  And the hotel.   Sigh...oh well...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

This building is an enigma to me.  It's not quite ugly, but not exactly attractive.  It's mildly interesting, but without really having put too much effort into making it truly interesting.  The top 1/4 has some nice finish details, but the remainder looks completely unfinished.  The tower and adjacent mid-rise share no common design threads, despite them being conjoined and developed simultaneously.  It's just an odd concoction without being totally offensive.  To me, this tower will forever look like it's still under construction.  Almost done, but never quite crossing the finish line.  

I feel like it is the windows missing some sort of bordering. The windows are just inserted into what looks like drywall from a far distance. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I feel like it is the windows missing some sort of bordering. The windows are just inserted into what looks like drywall from a far distance. 

That’s a problem with these EIFS / Hardie / Trex projects. The glazing is all set flush because there’s no meaningful thickness to the veneer to be able to achieve that inset window look.  Just that small but incredibly important detail makes things look cheap because it is. 

• Like 4