The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Hopefully this project will spark more projects alike in this area. From the pictures it really demonstrates how underutilized the area is.

If it happens, it is luckily in a nice central placement among the other parking lot blocks, so it helps to mitigate the sea of parking some.  If it does manage to complete and lease up, then that population will easily help activate the park and the pathway to 7th St market.  

Their graphics for marketing are making a somewhat average building look amazing, so here is hoping they progress successfully and not have the Levine Curse. 

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

This looks like the best video game ever.
Also I didn't know this project involved lopping off the tip of the BofA building?
Luckily, just the tip.

Also intrigued by the big-ass movie screen they've mounted to the Hearst Tower trading floors. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dubone said:

If it happens, it is luckily in a nice central placement among the other parking lot blocks, so it helps to mitigate the sea of parking some.  If it does manage to complete and lease up, then that population will easily help activate the park and the pathway to 7th St market.  

Their graphics for marketing are making a somewhat average building look amazing, so here is hoping they progress successfully and not have the Levine Curse. 

That park may not need activation.  It's VERY active on weekends and reasonably active at other times.  The trees are looking much better a couple years in also.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I'm not worried about this project.  Start of construction always tend to be slightly delayed.  If no dirt is moving at this site by Jan 1, 2019 then I would worry.

frankly I'm sure they need to borrow a crane from another project, and some laborers. 

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

frankly I'm sure they need to borrow a crane from another project, and some laborers. 

Yep - Lennars New Bern Station project is nearly complete.   Ive been wondering if they'll use same contractors to start on Market 42 Project?  They've sent so much $$ purchasing the site I'm sure they're gonna build.  If it is scaled down due to Market conditions wouldn't they need to go back to the Planning Dept. for review?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Yep - Lennars New Bern Station project is nearly complete.   Ive been wondering if they'll use same contractors to start on Market 42 Project?  They've sent so much $$ purchasing the site I'm sure they're gonna build.  If it is scaled down due to Market conditions wouldn't they need to go back to the Planning Dept. for review?

Yes they'd need to do a RTAP. I think they are fully permitted on this site to begin.