The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

Ok, it's been maybe fifteen years now, but wasn't what is now the Rodeway Inn the Knights Inn back in the day?  I never had any reason to get off at Glendale, but for some reason it seems like the motel on Brookshire used to be the Knights Inn, and it looked way, way sketchier than it does now.  Help?

Edited by Tyrone Wiggum

Many years ago, when I had lived in Charlotte for just a few years, I had an older relative drive down to visit me. I told him to take interstate 85 into town and take an exit and I would then tell him how to drive to my location. He called from a pay phone and said he had just exited at Glenwood Boulevard. I said...uh, re-enter the interstate and take another exit and I will give directions from there. True story. Where the hell is Glenwood Boulevard? Can anyone say they have been there and recognize the landmarks. I thought not.

Edit: the advert that appeared on this page as I posted was for Motel 6.

Edited by tarhoosier

• 3 weeks later...

So building permits are in Webpermit, which is different than Accela (land use).

Sorry, I know that's not overly descriptive, but if you know the address of the project, you can track down the status of each trade in Webpermit.  The status of approvals is publically viewable, the actual plans are not.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2018 at 6:44 PM, tarhoosier said:

Many years ago, when I had lived in Charlotte for just a few years, I had an older relative drive down to visit me. I told him to take interstate 85 into town and take an exit and I would then tell him how to drive to my location. He called from a pay phone and said he had just exited at Glenwood Boulevard. I said...uh, re-enter the interstate and take another exit and I will give directions from there. True story. Where the hell is Glenwood Boulevard? Can anyone say they have been there and recognize the landmarks. I thought not.

Edit: the advert that appeared on this page as I posted was for Motel 6.

I have accidentally exited onto Glenwood From 85 not once, but many times not paying attention, thinking I was at freedom. So yes, I know exactly where that is. 

11 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

A project this large if it truly breaks ground in December would probably have staggered opening similar to Stonewall Station where the Midrise Apartments open first then the Highrise Apartments.  Below is my estimated timeline for Market 42:

if construction actually starts Dec 2018 then:

Midrise Apartments Open around Oct - Dec 2019

Highrise Apartments Top out around Dec 2019 to March 2020 and Opens July-Aug 2020

Hotel Construction Starts Sep 2019 and Open around Dec 2020 - Mar 2021

My official guesstimates!

Gosh I dunno that all seems very quick. I'd up everything but the hotel by 4-6months.

Wow - That's a great article about the planned Homewood Suites.  I thought it'd be 10 Stories but seems like they're developing a 13 Story Hotel according to the article.  Only thing I seriously doubt is the 'Mid-2020' Opening which would be a June-Sep 2020 timeframe.  

They could be trying to rush its opening prior to the Aug 2020 - RNC so they can benefit from the National Convention but they would really need to break ground immediately after Lennar breaks ground in order to meet that aggressive schedule.  I mean like if Lennar breaks ground on the High Rise/Midrise/Parking Deck in the December - January timeframe, the Hotel Management Company would need to be right behind them by not later than early April/May 2019.  Any later start for the Hotel than that and I'm sure Construction delays and other unforeseen issues would cause them to miss the Convention.  They'd probably open a few months after the Convention was over placing them squarely in a late 3rd Quarter or early 4th Quarter 2020 Opening.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Pretty disappointing the Observer continues to coddle Daniel Levine instead of calling him out on his pile of bullsh1t just a few blocks away.

That was not a Observer article.  I truly don't think anyone at Observer is covering development anymore now that Ely moved over, I know they moved someone over on an interim basis, but they haven't produced much passed their already assigned beats. :-(  So yea, not sure when someone would have coddled Daniel.

Maybe I should write a "Dear Daniel Levine" article.

image.png.4b0c652aa3cf4cdb9f575faa8199d84f.png

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That was not a Observer article.  I truly don't think anyone at Observer is covering development anymore now that Ely moved over, I know they moved someone over on an interim basis, but they haven't produced much passed their already assigned beats. :-(  So yea, not sure when someone would have coddled Daniel.

Maybe I should write a "Dear Daniel Levine" article.

What did happen to Ely?  I noticed he was writing about politics now, and someone else was writing about development.

7 minutes ago, Merthecat said:

What did happen to Ely?  I noticed he was writing about politics now, and someone else was writing about development.

person with the politics beat, I believe he was Ely's boss, moved on in the world, so they shuffled Ely there, and they moved Cassie Cope over on an interim basis, her beat was/is Energy and Healthcare. He still covers rezonings. I think McClatchy is actively looking to hire a new Development writer, but only from within McClatchy. 

Ely reads, so maybe he can come out of the woodwork and comment LOL

Edited by Guest