The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

3 minutes ago, j-man said:

Hopefully they will announce the hotel or office tower that is supposed to go on that small section on the side of it so that the entire block could be all done in one phase.

Pretty sure it's a Homewood Suites or something like that.

3 minutes ago, j-man said:

so that the entire block could be all done in one phase

That lot is already sold, to the hotel developer. so they really can't control when the hotel developer starts. Either way it won't be long after Ellis starts rising.

9 minutes ago, Scribe said:

That lot is already sold, to the hotel developer. so they really can't control when the hotel developer starts. Either way it won't be long after Ellis starts rising.

Yeah I know that it is sold, I was referring to the actual hotel developer. As far as getting them to kick start and release some rendering or something. 

The laughing emoji I used about is a full on laugh out loud at Levine's comments.  All bluster.  No action.  Boy who cried wolf.  I wish the person who won the $1.5B jackpot in SC was actually from Charlotte and would just buy the land from Dan the Man and really make some bold moves.  That part of the city is such a wasteland compared to what it could be b/c of him.

• Like 3

Well if it ultimately delivers higher density concrete build out rather than more el-crapo stick apartments...... maybe the wait is worth it?

Who am I kidding, those blocks should already be under active development. Look at aerial maps or simply walk/drive through. It’s a gaping wound in the heart of Uptown. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Interesting, website shows the accent color as a neon yellow/green vs the orange all the previous renderings show. Did that change?

I actually really like that green! Hopefully they go with that.

Ugh! Hopefully not. They seem to just create so many basic hotels that you could walk next door to and grab some Wendy's. 

It’s 100% confirmed as a 13 floor homewood suites and the developers are slimy when I talked to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the official announcement of the hotel in October..

The 13-story upscale, extended-stay hotel will consist of 209 suites for guests, 4,000 square feet of street-level retail area, 3,500 square feet of flexible meeting and prefunction space, an expanded fitness center, a pool and a lounge with a large outdoor terrace. The property will be in close proximity to the UNC Charlotte Center City campus, Spectrum Arena, Bank of America Headquarters, the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center and two light rail stops that opened in March of this year.

“We are excited to break ground on this new property in the coming months,” Grant Sabroff, SVP of business development at Concord Hospitality, said in a statement. “Uptown Charlotte’s First Ward offers a great mix of cultural, educational and sports destinations along with easy access to the city’s main business district. We look forward to introducing guests to this neighborhood.”

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It’s 100% confirmed as a 13 floor homewood suites and the developers are slimy when I talked to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol! I would love if  they did something different like a unique brick color, or bright stucco. 

19 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They have added a couple of better hotels recently to their portfolio.  The vast majority is garbage though.

Here is the developers website. https://www.concordhotels.com/

wow. These were exactly what I was thinking of that would be produced by them. Some are nice like the one in Miami and D.C. I can tolerate even the Embassy Suites Uptown, I just think they need to be a bit more creative. I want something that is sleek and will stand out. Not just be your ordinary Extended Stay type of vibe. 

15 minutes ago, Urban Cowboy said:

Looks like Concord Hotels is behind the Embassy Suites built across from the Nascar Hall of Fame. Found it in their portfolio: https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/embassy-suites-by-hilton-charlotte-uptown-CLTMLES/index.html

Yeah, and it is one of their better ones lol. And the ones at Stonewall will look identical to it. smh. 

On 3/6/2019 at 5:32 PM, Matthew.Brendan said:

Well if it ultimately delivers higher density concrete build out rather than more el-crapo stick apartments...... maybe the wait is worth it?

Who am I kidding, those blocks should already be under active development. Look at aerial maps or simply walk/drive through. It’s a gaping wound in the heart of Uptown. 

It is such a joke to keep reading these pieces where Levine acts like he is doing anything

• Like 3