The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:27 AM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Office Market in Charlotte is much better, as said elsewhere, hotel and additional residential may lag behind, but will certainly be continued to built here even when those others slow down. Charlotte is starting to feel substantially larger than those two, and will even more so after the new airport terminal. Feels much more Denver sized than Nashville sized. 

Great point.  Exactly.  They aren't in the same league.  Raleigh-Durham is a different story, but I get the sense that even though population growth is greater Raleigh-Durham isn't keeping up with the "sexy" of Austin, TX or Nashville.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Drive by today and this center of the block garage is big but unlike Levine's it will be completely wrapped and blocked with apartments (and eventually a hotel)

Does anyone have any updates on the hotel (renderings, timeline, groundbreaking, etc)? The fact that Levine retains some level of ownership in the hotel lot and it being set up as a joint venture between him and Concord concerns me. The purchase of the lot was announced in March 2018 and an October 2018 article quoted an exec as saying they would break ground in the coming months. That site still hasn't been touched. Another Levine special here would be such a disservice to the Lennar project.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TCLT said:

Does anyone have any updates on the hotel (renderings, timeline, groundbreaking, etc)? The fact that Levine retains some level of ownership in the hotel lot and it being set up as a joint venture between him and Concord concerns me. The purchase of the lot was announced in March 2018 and an October 2018 article quoted an exec as saying they would break ground in the coming months. That site still hasn't been touched. Another Levine special here would be such a disservice to the Lennar project.

This press release says Mid 2020 so I don't think that is happening.  Concord Hospitality is the real deal and Levine...….

https://www.concordhotels.com/concord-hospitality-to-open-first-homewood-suites-by-hilton-in-charlotte-n-c-s-center-city-in-partnership-with-levine-properties/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

I think I remember something being said about the Hotel being released for construction well after the Residential portion is almost completed.  The way it looks now - it's too congested to begin any hotel construction at this site.

It is indeed still supposed to be a hotel. From my understanding, the parking deck will be shared and ground breaking is TBD.