The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

Is that communication tower strictly mobile or is there more to it. The supporting building in the  fence perimeter is interesting.

When it was permitted in 2012 it was called temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could the issue with the Levine disaster area be the pilings and not the deck itself (given the fact that the real issue is Levine himself), but they look woefully skinny for any type of apartment to be built.  I recall him saying they were going to demo the existing pilings, but not 100% sure.  

31 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

Could the issue with the Levine disaster area be the pilings and not the deck itself (given the fact that the real issue is Levine himself), but they look woefully skinny for any type of apartment to be built.  I recall him saying they were going to demo the existing pilings, but not 100% sure.  

the pilings from what I understand were for a stick built 4-5 story apartment complex wrapping the deck.  Now he has decided to go bigger and taller so all concrete or steel construction making those columns useless. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

the pilings from what I understand were for a stick built 4-5 story apartment complex wrapping the deck.  Now he has decided to go bigger and taller so all concrete or steel construction making those columns useless. 

I was trying to find a meme for unfinished buildings and instead heard about this disastrous 18 quest to build a Christian based high-rise in Florida: the "I-4 Eyesore".

Behold its majesty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty_Building

This is slightly better than Levine...

image.png.45a4229287f4e82a802124cbdcfbf9eb.png

Ten Year Challenge Florida edition...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I was trying to find a meme for unfinished buildings and instead heard about this disastrous 18 quest to build a Christian based high-rise in Florida: the "I-4 Eyesore".

Behold its majesty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty_Building

This is slightly better than Levine...

Ten Year Challenge Florida edition...

Yes I saw this for the first time last year and asked the Orlando UP community and got an earful.  as luck as it I can provide an updated photo next week as I will be in the City Beautiful...Orlando.   KJ the official photographer of Urban Eyesores 

wait a minute the Charlotte metro is the national leader in this area I just remembered.  The 21 story Heritage USA tower is not finished though the current owner says it can and will finish it.   story from 2018 but believe me nothing has changed.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/fort-mill-church-accuses-york-co-of-religious-discrimination-in-legal-battle-over-heritage-tower/873432548/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes I saw this for the first time last year and asked the Orlando UP community and got an earful.  as luck as it I can provide an updated photo next week as I will be in the City Beautiful...Orlando.   KJ the official photographer of Urban Eyesores 

wait a minute the Charlotte metro is the national leader in this area I just remembered.  The 21 story Heritage USA tower is not finished though the current owner says it can and will finish it.   story from 2018 but believe me nothing has changed.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/fort-mill-church-accuses-york-co-of-religious-discrimination-in-legal-battle-over-heritage-tower/873432548/

1 hour ago, go_vertical said:

That buildng is legendary is central Florida. The church is building it as donations come in. Sure, it might end up taking 3 decades to build but it'll be fully paid for when it's done. 

The Unfinished Icons:   

image.jpeg.defe29589a01b9b97f75cc9966cd374c.jpeg          

(1)  Heritage Village USA, Fort Mill, SC

Image result for image of heritage usa tower"

(2)  Orlando "Her" Majesty Building

Image result for image of large unfinished building in orlando fl"

(3)  Levine Properties Parking Deck

Image result for image of levine parking deck charlotte

Edited by QCxpat
  • Haha 4

Ground floor retail at this will be better then most.
Along 8th St it is 2 story concrete then 5 floors stick built, allows for more unique ground floor usage. Also, the part facing the light rail has extra tall ceiling section in the middle.
image.thumb.png.9d85c013e0b94dc6cd7e9ea81c90ec22.png
image.thumb.png.5a5e7d74f0f2f25ae0ea80255df57ba4.png
image.thumb.png.d76e298f30fa231ff9108008c1fa9dad.png

Only retail is along the light rail. 8th street is just ground floor apartment units. [emoji24]
  • Sad 1