The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

17 hours ago, AP3 said:

Not sure anyone has posted the elevations for the Homewood Suites yet...I hadn't seen them.

Homewood Suites.PNG

Its really not as bad as I expected. I'd say its twice as nice looking as Home2Suites and Even. Maybe 1.5x Embassy Suites. No city is getting a beautiful Homewood Suites. Their clientele isn't choosing based on the looks of the hotel. But if you step back and look at this building as a whole. Its not so bad. It has retail, which we weren't expecting. Theres lots of big windows, even on the side facing a parking deck. Overall its a B-. Really could be a lot worse. 

As far as renderings go, no, Concord Hospitality is a bunch of dicks.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its really not as bad as I expected. I'd say its twice as nice looking as Home2Suites and Even. Maybe 1.5x Embassy Suites. No city is getting a beautiful Homewood Suites. Their clientele isn't choosing based on the looks of the hotel. But if you step back and look at this building as a whole. Its not so bad. It has retail, which we weren't expecting. Theres lots of big windows, even on the side facing a parking deck. Overall its a B-. Really could be a lot worse. 

As far as renderings go, no, Concord Hospitality is a bunch of dicks.

This is what downtown Austin got. I’ll take ours. 

dV31dZ8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bruco72 said:

This is what downtown Austin got. I’ll take ours. 

dV31dZ8.jpg

We hate this place too.  It looks like a clown school, and it fronts I-35 so it's in a highly visible location.  Fortunately another proposed hotel will butt up against the beige wall and cover up that side.  But there are still three other sides that we can't hide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It will be interesting to see what the next decade has in store. And how the  Brevard corridor changes between NoDa and First Ward...and then similarly if things start to feel more congruent between Camp North End and Uptown, along Graham/North Tryon.

With steam picking up along the Brevard/Davidson corridor, Levine’s embarrassment will continue to inhibit connectivity.

There’s a ton of residential happening in Belmont, OP, and Villa Heights - and I think you’ll see those neighborhoods start to change more with the urban development along the BLE.

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, gman430 said:

What Levine couldn’t do...

A2-B71422-967-D-46-DC-87-E7-4-A646-A2063

823-EF48-A-89-AA-4672-8620-6-C3-ACFF0-A9

28265795-5-B2-A-44-E8-9-F35-8-C0-A49-EAF

Thanks for the high quality drone photos.  I always look forward to your pictures.

Anyway - Man I love LMC (Lennar Multi-Family) and the work they do.  So far the Bradham (Southend) and Ellis (1st Ward) are great builds.  I hope they continue to stay bullish on Charlotte and build baby build.  They really seem to like the Fixed Rail corridors so it’d be nice to see a good Midrise (6 to 8 Story) or Highrise (10 to 12 Story) multifamily/retail build for them along the GoldLine in Elizabeth next.  

I picked Elizabeth/Midtown due to the fact they already know the Ellis will be competing for tenants with Northwood Ravin Apartments along S. Graham St. around the same timeframe.  Stick built portion (Ellis) will probably begin leasing by the September to December 2020 timeframe and Highrise leasing in the April to July 2021 timeframe.  

Edited by Hushpuppy321