The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

3 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Also - With the Publix anchored Office Tower Site poised to begin construction later this summer, I think other work will be announced before the end of this year in the North Tryon Area.   I just don’t think it’ll be on a parcel that Levine owns...

This sounds like Christmas to me!

23 hours ago, j-man said:

For those that were telling me nothing else will really pick up after this project I think you are wrong. I couldn’t image this big residential tower all alone with nothing around it. 

It won't be alone with the Spirit Square development. I believe there may be two buildings with that. Which is great to couple with the Publix development too. Levine is missing out. 

25 minutes ago, Rufus said:

It won't be alone with the Spirit Square development. I believe there may be two buildings with that. Which is great to couple with the Publix development too. Levine is missing out. 

When is Spirit scheduled to start. I saw and posted some renderings months ago but haven’t heard anything lately. And what is Levine waiting on?? Ugh

When is Spirit scheduled to start. I saw and posted some renderings months ago but haven’t heard anything lately. And what is Levine waiting on?? Ugh

It’s a well known fact that abandoned parcels and parking garages age like fine wine. According to my parcel aging book, this one will be ripe for opening up in 25 more years.

Spirit Square is over a year late announcing with no explanation, so I’m sure there’s no good news there. There has been no renderings because they never announced the only remaining person in the bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could they be waiting for the CMPD new building on 5th & 6th to open to begin clearing the lot?  As I recall, one of the possibilities was to bury parking under 7th split to support all the 7th & 8th Street development along with the Library/Spirit Square development.

59 minutes ago, DMann said:

Could they be waiting for the CMPD new building on 5th & 6th to open to begin clearing the lot?  As I recall, one of the possibilities was to bury parking under 7th split to support all the 7th & 8th Street development along with the Library/Spirit Square development.

Read my response above. Nobody is waiting for anything except the actual plan to be announced, get any financing, get any traction, get any anything. There has been 0 public progress on 7th and Tryon. No filings, no permits, no action. The city has never announced who won, which was supposed to happen in September 2018. 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The city has never announced who won, which was supposed to happen in September 2018. 

I think the Main Library project and the -- pretty awesome -- direction that's headed has changed the direction of the rest of Spirit Square block and the block across 7th.

I think the Main Library project and the -- pretty awesome -- direction that's headed has changed the direction of the rest of Spirit Square block and the block across 7th.

Sorry to keep this off topic, but if that’s the case, which an iconic library has been part of it since day one, then it’s their duty to announce why they have missed their deadline by 17 months.

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Sorry to keep this off topic, but if that’s the case, which an iconic library has been part of it since day one, then it’s their duty to announce why they have missed their deadline by 17 months.

Well then maybe it's time for a little investigative journalism by a respected East Coast social media star who's known for the catchphrase, "We will fight and fight and fight and fight, until justice is done to you."

wait... that might be Tippens & Zurosky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2