The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

9 hours ago, QClifer said:

How many total units are in the tower and shorter 4-5story apt building?  Could this project alone bring 500new people to the area? 

I think since they are couples and families/roommates I would assume that almost half of the units will have 2 people in them so 549 units would bring about 800 people. 

• Like 3

On 3/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, Tyree Ricardo said:

not me. I just think he needs to sell to capable developers in general.

It's great to convert a vacant lot into construction, but the real impact on this area of uptown comes when these units get leased and are filled with residents.  I'm a bit concerned about the homeless convention that tends to form on the adjacent block, and what that means for leasing this building quickly.  Is this project meant to appeal to uptown pioneers who don't mind this gritty aspect of surrounding lots, and who may even welcome it as the kind of socioeconomic integration that should be celebrated in dense and truly urban living?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RANYC said:

It's great to convert a vacant lot into construction, but the real impact on this area of uptown comes when these units get leased and are filled with residents.  I'm a bit concerned about the homeless convention that tends to form on the adjacent block, and what that means for leasing this building quickly.  Is this project meant to appeal to uptown pioneers who don't mind this gritty aspect of surrounding lots, and who may even welcome it as the kind of socioeconomic integration that should be celebrated in dense and truly urban living?

I think it's for the people who just look at proximity to their job and pricing. I'd venture to say that most people moving into Charlotte haven't been here and have no clue where the hotspots of homeless are, they're just looking for somewhere to move to for the time being.

I had a friend who moved to Gastonia a few years ago because she just saw that it was in the middle of kings mtn, her job, and Charlotte, the next closest city.

• Like 1