The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:40 PM, RANYC said:

Regardless of what one may think about the architecture, it's fantastic news to know that units are being made available to 600-800 new residents in this part of Uptown.  Up to 800 new patrons for area businesses/entertainment sources.  Now if we could get 10 more of these built in the next 5 years, we'd really get into gear.  Anyone know whether Uptown has a target population in any of the "vision or planning materials?"

I had read some materials either from the City Planning Dept. or from Center City Partners (CCP) a few years ago that stated Uptown CBD (includes Southend) could support 50,000 residents.  That number would probably be achieved in the 2030 to 2040 timeframe.

Prior to the 2020 Pandemic Recession, if Charlotte continued its previous growth rate we could’ve seen 50,000 in the CBD by or before 2030.  I think CCP last estimate was currently 30 to 35K current residents in the CBD.  

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Drive by photos coming up College.  I saw a good number of people uptown today walking about, scootering actually the most in months.  Saw lots of younger people who were possibly touring their parents.   You can see this tower from W Morehead and College very clearly up the street. 

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

Yes, I walked uptown from my place in Wesley Heights and there was quite a bit of bustle.  Sad to see the Tree come down from the BofA Plaza. 

• Like 1

The misaligned windows make its look weird and displeasing. Perhaps if the actual chunk of floors were offset from each other to form a cantilever design (similar to the UNC CHARLOTTE campus for reference) it would look more natural. Since the windows themselves wouldn’t be offset just the chunks of floors. As for the gray and white color scheme on the sides of the building could have been one color. White looks nicer than the gray IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The misaligned windows make its look weird and displeasing. Perhaps if the actual chunk of floors were offset from each other to form a cantilever design (similar to the UNC CHARLOTTE campus for reference) it would look more natural. Since the windows themselves wouldn’t be offset just the chunks of floors. As for the gray and white color scheme on the sides of the building could have been one color. White looks nicer than the gray IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3