The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, j-man said:

......what are you talking about “becoming the hood?” And why is this in this thread? Wrong apartments. 

I think she means "crime-prone," projecting an unsafe perception.  Perhaps not exactly the right thread, but given there aren't tons of Uptown residential developments and given the fact that all of us on this thread probably want tons more people living in the area branded as "Uptown," we should be concerned with back-to-back incidents at a place like Uptown 550.  Does this potentially impact demand at the Lennar development, or at the other Northwood Properties project at Trade and Graham?  If the Uptown 550 incidents were completely random, what does that mean for a Convention Center expansion project and outsiders' perception of that area?  Is Stonewall becoming a battlefield?  Personally, I feel like Charlotte might be spiraling a bit, and I'm not sure of the remedy. 

As awful as these incidents were, is it standard for local news to report on such incidents anywhere they happen in Charlotte?  Or is this Uptown's special coverage?

Edited by RANYC

10 hours ago, Heather said:

https://www.fox46.com/charlotte/large-police-presence-at-uptown-550/

This place becoming the hood in Uptown. Had car jacking there other week 

IMO, incidents like these are a result of who the apartments are leased to and who these apartment renters hang around. The article in the link states that the guy robbed in the parking deck and was shot walking to his apartment, was found to be renting the apartment under a fraudulent identity and was banned from the building. What kind of crimes was the resident involved in that he used a fraudulent identity to rent an apartment in Uptown?  The people commuting these crimes are either residents of the building, or are associated with people who are residents in the building.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, j-man said:

This was a screenshot from a drone video I saw on YouTube. Their info is in the left bottom corner. 

703DC163-7CFF-4E07-B5D4-44CB8F513530.jpeg

All of those empty lots make you realize that this part of Uptown really is the last frontier, thanks to Levine.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Today 8:35 a.m.

a5.jpg

a8.jpg

a3.jpg

a7.jpg

a4.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a6.jpg

I've tried and tried, and I desperately want to have an open mind, but I really despise the way this building looks.  I'd take 4-story brick-front townhomes around a central courtyard on this block and all the surrounding ones, with perhaps the option for 1st floor commercial space, over this cardboard jenga set any day of the week.  Still happy to get the additional residents if they actually lease these units, and I hope that surrounding developments in the future eventually minimize the visual impact of this one.   

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1