The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

42 minutes ago, kayman said:

More development along with the concept of the Epicentre but with competent property management. 

I'm in the minority who thinks Epicentre could still be great with nominal changes and a different tenant mix. That would however be predicated on a drastic change to the CTC. If that doesn't happen, nothing will work at Epicentre. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm in the minority who thinks Epicentre could still be great with nominal changes and a different tenant mix. That would however be predicated on a drastic change to the CTC. If that doesn't happen, nothing will work at Epicentre. 

CIM knows how to operate successful mixed use districts with significant destination entertainment components

57 minutes ago, kayman said:

CIM knows how to operate successful mixed use districts with significant destination entertainment components

Sometimes things die out after a long run.  For those who’ve been in Charlotte for over 15-20 years like myself remember the Mythos-Forum-Phoenix-Cosmos-Republic block owned by the Greeks that was super successful before the epicenter and the music factory came along.  It was an amazing destination.  Unfortunately the popularity of it died out and even after when QC Social and Imperial opened it wasn’t the same.  Same happened with epicenter.  But I think crime made it die even faster.  It’s very unfortunate :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kayman said:

Well the point is there's going to have to be something of sorts that is destination entertainment related that must come about in Uptown

They should literally give free leases to H&M and Apple for 5 years. It's a Hail Mary and they may both pass but if they didn't they might get lucky and be able to attract other retailers/a crowd.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Temeteron said:

The office workers need to come back!

LOL. Yeah, no thanks. I get to skip the commute, all the general office BS, and “keeping busy” or otherwise filling the void of hours I otherwise would be required to be just a butt in a seat.

My productivity is at least the same if not way better working from home. Glad I will most likely never need to “go back” to working Uptown. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, TGIBridays said:

I know some people hate the architecture here (and I totally get how), but I love it.  It has a slightly unfinished/chaotic feeling to it that I really like.

I respect your right to love it, even as I despise it.  I will agree that the mid-rise portion is definitely the bigger offender.

• Like 1

For me it's those top four floors that seem to be plopped down haphazardly.  It makes the whole thing look top heavy in an odd way.  I don't hate it though, more indifferent.  I applaud the bold decisions and agree that this will look fine once it's surrounded by fifteen to 25 story towers and not out there all on its own. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HopHead said:

It could have been mentioned elsewhere, but when (or is) that parking lot going to be developed? Something in the works?

North Tryon area parking lots are a serious detriment to Uptown and it won't feel like a true big city downtown until they're developed. Hopefully we can get something going there. If we need to preserve some parking let's just have one big parking garage and then develop the other lots with useful buildings.

• Like 3