The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

25 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I’m confused as to what happened, Levine promised a canopy hotel and now it fell through?

This belongs in the Levine thread, but there was a Canopy & Homewood Suites dual concept hotel proposed in Levineland. It was going to be 12 floors and L shaped. It was on the Canopy by Hilton Website still at least 3 months ago (last time I looked) its no longer on there. 

12 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I’m confused as to what happened, Levine promised a canopy hotel and now it fell through?

A Levine project would never do that.  They have such business acumen.  It'd be like building an eyesore parking garage on 11th and Brevard that messes up traffic for years and still can't open. They would never fail so hard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Are they still planning on having Market street? I know it won't be called that but are they still planning on building it?

It will be called Market Street. Why do you think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Read an article that said otherwise. It said there was already a street names Market Street in Charlotte so they have to rename it.

me thinks I street that could have 1000 future residents might trump one with 6 houses. 3 blocks that'll probably one day have $100M in tax value vs a short road with a grand total of $1M in tax value. I think developers could win this one.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Either way I’m excited and Lennar knows how to really bring together this project. Any chance it will be longer then 2 blocks?

image.thumb.png.407363ef11c2de531b2b2457f71565d0.png

per 2020 vision plan, it appears to run 4 blocks.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:44 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

me thinks I street that could have 1000 future residents might trump one with 6 houses. 3 blocks that'll probably one day have $100M in tax value vs a short road with a grand total of $1M in tax value. I think developers could win this one.

Nah it's way easier to just come up with a non-generic name than it is to fight that battle.  I vote it get named Levine's Boondoggle.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...