Sign in to follow this  
gman430

600 East Washington Street

The sketch looks pretty nice! There's a lot of parcels between this and Church Street that are prime for redevelopment. 

For those of you wanting an example, I think this is one that is a lot nicer than many of the other ones going up. Still a modern design, but a lot more detail, not ultra flat sides or roofline, took a little more creativity. Not bad!

Looks a little taller than the original renderings. I really like this and would like to see some developement in this area.

Does the developer already own that building and land? If not, why would it be more feasible to raze the current building there and build instead of finding an empty/parking lot and starting from scratch?

Land prices have exceed the improved value of many properties downtown we will continue to see buildings like this torn down for new projects.

This looks pretty good! I like that it's not red brick.

The visual impact on the view coming north from the Church Street bridge should be nice.

On March 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM, gman430 said:

00298B71-955B-46EB-80C5-AAC3DB4C2B22.jpeg

Sorry for confusion...what is origin of this  rendering as it appears much different than that on the agenda attachment?  Thx...this one is awesome!

Edited by cabelagent

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

Application has been withdrawn. 

Thanks..that's a bummer. Hope it's not a permanent development & this happens.   

I assume this is like every other application that holds an informal review w the city and withdraws for design tweaks and resubmission?

And, I agree-- I think these (both size of development and location) seem to make a lot of sense as condos. 

13 hours ago, vicupstate said:

This was just to rezone it. The Design Review Board approval would come later.   

I thought they had done that a while back? Never mind.

I like it- I think it feels a bit better for the neighborhood with the front face not being one monolithic mass.