Sign in to follow this  
sudoclam

Grand Rapids Auto Parts- 1810 Turner NW

All vehicles in the junk yard are gone! Looks like the property was sold in June, 2017. Anyone hear anything, about what is going on?

"the Developer plans to construct two new
industrial buildings: one building totaling 136,500 square feet along the northern portion
of the Property, and a 68,250 square foot building along the southern portion of the
Property. Surface parking will be provided on site for both buildings."

Visser Brothers

• Like 1

They've cleared the buildings, junk and land for this. It looks WAAYYY better. 

I also noticed the view of downtown coming in from 131 headed South looks astounding with the cranes in the sky. 

Here are some photos from the weekend. It is an amazing transformation. One can only wonder what will end up there.  A really nice spot for apartments, I would think.

IMG_20171123_121003.thumb.jpg.4a5044bd116c0141cf50b1523b646d36.jpgIMG_20171123_121013.thumb.jpg.0a3d817024f1cf56f6b2e2593d0dc294.jpgIMG_20171123_121007.thumb.jpg.653120f4f767f391676493922638c125.jpg

44 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

Here are some photos from the weekend. It is an amazing transformation. One can only wonder what will end up there.  A really nice spot for apartments, I would think.

Sounds like this, no?

On 8/8/2017 at 2:17 PM, EastownLeo said:
"the Developer plans to construct two new
industrial buildings: one building totaling 136,500 square feet along the northern portion
of the Property, and a 68,250 square foot building along the southern portion of the
Property. Surface parking will be provided on site for both buildings."

Visser Brothers

4 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I also noticed the view of downtown coming in from 131 headed South looks astounding with the cranes in the sky. 

I was thinking that this morning southbound on Plainfield just north of Leonard.

12 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Sounds like this, no?

I was just going to say that. It's slated to be industrial buildings. 

Well maybe they will actually demonstrate some imagination and not put a generic  crap industrial building made up of sheet metal and cinder block blank walls, behind a gigantic parking lot, and actually TRY to do something a bit nicer.

10 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

Well maybe they will actually demonstrate some imagination and not put a generic  crap industrial building made up of sheet metal and cinder block blank walls, behind a gigantic parking lot, and actually TRY to do something a bit nicer.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, but it's certainly better than what was there. I think that Turner corridor is destined to be industrial. 

15 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

NEW PRE-ENGINEERED METAL BUILDING, APPROX 70,000 SF

Look to the north of the freeway exit north of United Rental.  My guess is the proposed buildings will look pretty much the same. Visser built and owns those.

Edited by Raildude's dad