505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I'm interested to see how these sell.  Similar sized units in 1212 are listed for about $100k+ less than a 575k corner unit (roughly 800 sq ft based on the apartment level floor plans).  Is 505 that much nicer than 1212?

There is a definite lack of condo supply in the downtown neighborhoods, so I'm suspecting these are still going to sell through fairly quickly.  Should help drive other resale condo prices up as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, musiczealot said:

I'm interested to see how these sell.  Similar sized units in 1212 are listed for about $100k+ less than a 575k corner unit (roughly 800 sq ft based on the apartment level floor plans).  Is 505 that much nicer than 1212?

There is a definite lack of condo supply in the downtown neighborhoods, so I'm suspecting these are still going to sell through fairly quickly.  Should help drive other resale condo prices up as well.

With such a better view I would have to imagine that they do well!

2 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I’d love to know that myself. It seems like if it was going to be, it would have been done by now. 

They definitely had at least one section of lights installed and working, and the same structure was later installed around the rest of the top perimeter.

Has anyone seen the lights on in the past few months? Is there any reason it would be lit nightly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

They definitely had at least one section of lights installed and working, and the same structure was later installed around the rest of the top perimeter.

Has anyone seen the lights on in the past few months? Is there any reason it would be lit nightly?

Well that is good to know.  Since I am in Virginia Beach, I can only rely upon what I see on the AS Cam of Fox 17’s City View cam. I have never seen any lights at the top with the exception of the red aircraft warning beacons. 

54 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Well that is good to know.  Since I am in Virginia Beach, I can only rely upon what I see on the AS Cam of Fox 17’s City View cam. I have never seen any lights at the top with the exception of the red aircraft warning beacons. 

Are those warning beacons permanent?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VSRJ said:

Are those warning beacons permanent?

Yes, they're permanent and required by the FAA. Nearly all the bigger towers downtown have them. AT&T is an exception as the spires at the top qualify as illuminated because even if it goes dark, they very tip of the spires are on generators to keep them on for safety. 

• Like 1

I feel like some people are missing the whole point of urban condos. If you don't like the idea of other people (even something as horrible as twenty somethings), it's certainly true that 505's prices start to look pretty high. Different strokes for different folks though, and there are at least some people who like being in proximity with other people and enjoy the activity of downtown and are looking for the relatively scarce (in Nashville) ability to walk out your lobby and be withing a few pedestrian-friendly blocks of many diverse restaurants, entertainment, and work places.

I have a friend in 1212 and it's a great building with the gulch at your fingertips, but it's just not sewed into urban fabric the way 505 is. Everything starts 2 or 3 blocks away, and the neighborhood is still halfway (or less?) into the transition from warehouses and parking lots to high rises. The streets are wider, with more lanes than downtown, and a subset of drivers still gun it like they're on a highway and it's on pedestrians to look out for themselves. The views at 505 may be better, but I feel like their biggest differentiator is that they're actually downtown. 1212 is more "downtown".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AronG said:

I feel like some people are missing the whole point of urban condos. If you don't like the idea of other people (even something as horrible as twenty somethings), it's certainly true that 505's prices start to look pretty high. Different strokes for different folks though, and there are at least some people who like being in proximity with other people and enjoy the activity of downtown and are looking for the relatively scarce (in Nashville) ability to walk out your lobby and be withing a few pedestrian-friendly blocks of many diverse restaurants, entertainment, and work places.

I have a friend in 1212 and it's a great building with the gulch at your fingertips, but it's just not sewed into urban fabric the way 505 is. Everything starts 2 or 3 blocks away, and the neighborhood is still halfway (or less?) into the transition from warehouses and parking lots to high rises. The streets are wider, with more lanes than downtown, and a subset of drivers still gun it like they're on a highway and it's on pedestrians to look out for themselves. The views at 505 may be better, but I feel like their biggest differentiator is that they're actually downtown. 1212 is more "downtown".

Very well said.  Obviously, we all want a residence that suits our needs and makes us feel comfortable, and it is whether a particular building is worth it's asking price or not is certainly debatable.  In my mind though, what really matters when it comes to urban living, is what lies outside your front door, not what lies within it.  As you said, that's the whole point isn't it?   The Logan Square neighborhood where I live is more or less my 'living room.'  I suppose it's just a point of subjectivity, but for me in my recent search for a place, qualities like proximity to transit, cultural institutions, diverse restaurant offerings and the overall pedestrian experience mattered far more than, say, the material the kitchen countertops were made out of, and I imagine it's the same way with a lot of people.  So, I expect developers take that into consideration when pricing the units themselves. 

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

FYI...I have heard from a couple of realtors of their clients deciding not to buy in 505 due to the short term rentals allowed in the building.

Not surprised at that. Particularly for such a high-end building - and it would absolutely affect my decision. Just heard that a wealthy businessman from Mississippi bought one of four available penthouse units for a cool $5mil. Dang.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2018 at 10:05 AM, Flatrock said:

Not surprised at that. Particularly for such a high-end building - and it would absolutely affect my decision. Just heard that a wealthy businessman from Mississippi bought one of four available penthouse units for a cool $5mil. Dang.

Maybe he got a full size dishwasher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, e-dub said:

what's missing?

It doesn’t feel airy, the kitchens are small, the dishwasher wasn’t full size, the bathrooms are uninspired, the two and the one bed units felt small. The rentals seem to be outfitted the same as the condos, there are short term rentals at all, it’s on Church St so you’ll get tourists and homeless in your face right out the door.  I wanted to like it...

i've lived on church street, the homeless people never bothered me and the overwhelming majority of tourists were a couple blocks south. i did live in downtown nashville, though, so tourists will be a given.

i can't wait to move back to church street...

13 minutes ago, e-dub said:

i've lived on church street, the homeless people never bothered me and the overwhelming majority of tourists were a couple blocks south. i did live in downtown nashville, though, so tourists will be a given.

i can't wait to move back to church street...

I’m a sucker for handing out cash so...  

Ultimately I was just disappointed as it’s probably the last large scale condo until 2022ish 

Edited by Leif

I honestly don’t mind if something isn’t luxurious or if it doesn’t have inspired interior design, as long as it’s not marketed and priced as such. If you’re going to build specifically to a luxury standard it needs to impress people. 

• Like 1