505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I realize it's a small point, but I really don't understand the complaints about the size of the dishwasher. My wife and I have a full-size dishwasher and we might run it once a week because it takes so long to fill the thing up. Even though it's a modern dishwasher, we still have to "pre-wash" everything because otherwise it would turn into a moldy, smelly mess in the several days between wash cycles. The only other alternative is to run it more often, but barely half-full, which is probably equally wasteful, if not more so. 

The size of the dishwasher should be appropriate to the size of the living space. I can't think of any reason why a studio or 1BR needs a full-size dishwasher other than some pseudo-perceived-luxury one might associate with it. Even when entertaining, it would still be a stretch to fill the thing completely simply because you can't fit that many people into the space to use enough dishes to justify its existence. It makes much more sense to maximize the space as cabinet storage instead, or something else entirely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

I realize it's a small point, but I really don't understand the complaints about the size of the dishwasher. My wife and I have a full-size dishwasher and we might run it once a week because it takes so long to fill the thing up. Even though it's a modern dishwasher, we still have to "pre-wash" everything because otherwise it would turn into a moldy, smelly mess in the several days between wash cycles. The only other alternative is to run it more often, but barely half-full, which is probably equally wasteful, if not more so. 

The size of the dishwasher should be appropriate to the size of the living space. I can't think of any reason why a studio or 1BR needs a full-size dishwasher other than some pseudo-perceived-luxury one might associate with it. Even when entertaining, it would still be a stretch to fill the thing completely simply because you can't fit that many people into the space to use enough dishes to justify its existence. It makes much more sense to maximize the space as cabinet storage instead, or something else entirely.

Maybe we’re weird, I run mine probably 2-3 times a week and there’s just two of us.  

Another point I think interesting was at least in the units I saw the counter space was minimal, probably less than the counter space in my unit and it has less space than the 690 sq foot apartment in east nashville I had. 

• Like 1

I think that's a fair counter point. I was looking at the dishwasher as someone who has three kids in addition to my wife and I under our roof.  We run our dishwasher every 1-2 days and sometime more than once per day when we have people over.  Realistically, no one is going to have three kids in a studio.  

The closets and bathrooms were more roomy than I had expected. I suspect they allotted more space for those areas in exchange for slightly less space in the kitchen. 

One more thing no one has mentioned is that they also will allow you to pay $25,000 and have the studio or 1BR furnished.  Probably not the best deal, but it would make things easy. 

Edited by Hey_Hey

35 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

So I’m guessing this building will not have exterior lighting at the roof like we thought. I guess the 505 sign is all we are going to get. 

That sign has actually become a mini-tourist stop. I see tons of people climbing on it to take pictures when I pass by. It’s like a (much) lesser version of the “I Believe In Nashville” 12 South sign. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TNinVB said:

So I’m guessing this building will not have exterior lighting at the roof like we thought. I guess the 505 sign is all we are going to get. 

Yeah, when we had a tour the other day, the sales agent told us that he was unaware of any sort of lighting scheme.

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Yeah, when we had a tour the other day, the sales agent told us that he was unaware of any sort of lighting scheme.

They could put a really nice no vacancy sign up there for the short term rentals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I live in an NYC apartment, so going to have to disagree respectfully lol

Yes, but this is Nashville. I live three blocks away from 505 in an apartment 3 times the size of an average 505 unit for half the cost.  It's just strange that some of the smallest units in Nashville are pulling some of the highest prices.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...