smeagolsfree

505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

^Both of which will be gone in a few years (unless someone decides to just refurb the Baptist building when it’s sold). 

• Like 1

Durham, North Carolina-based Rise Biscuits Donuts will open its first franchise in Nashville in the mixed-use downtown building that houses the MDHA garage attached to 505 CST.

Rise bills itself as a Southern-influenced concept that features "gourmet donuts and biscuits." The menu includes, among others, apple fritter and pineapple basil donuts. The Rise lunch menu includes sandwiches served on a biscuit or a potato roll and supplemented with toppings and salads.  Sounds delicious.  : )

Corner Pub is also opening a location on the first floor of the same structure.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21003779/the-food-biz-nc-donut-eatery-picks-downtown-space

• Like 4

I think they just lowered the prices of the studios and they are running some “specials” on the 1BRs.  They had been advertised as starting at $375,000 for the studios a couple months ago. They recently lowered them to $350,000. I’m a little worried that means they aren’t selling. 

Edited by Hey_Hey

2 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I think they just lowered the prices of the studios and they are running some “specials” on the 1BRs.  They had been advertised as starting at $375,000 for the studios a couple months ago. They recently lowered them to $350,000. 

Are the studios the ones without parking spaces?

Correct. None of the studios have dedicated parking. Parking was another $225 (or something like that) per month. That was a miss on their part IMO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Correct. None of the studios have dedicated parking. Parking was another $225 (or something like that) per month. That was a miss on their part IMO. 

How does the parking work at 505? Must you use the valet option? If you choose valet, is there an additional charge?

17 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

Yeah I'd agree. Premiere is a terrible company, just involving them in my life again would be enough to look elsewhere.

Pub grub, nothing fancy.    I had the chicken quesadilla and it was ok.    Similar to the other Corner Pubs in that respect.     But they do have an impressive beer list with about 40 taps.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

But is the food any good? I tried ML Rose yet again and yuck, yet again. I'm not that hard to please but have not tried Corner Pub.

I think the burgers at ML Rose are pretty solid.  Corner Pub food is not very good.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

But is the food any good? I tried ML Rose yet again and yuck, yet again. I'm not that hard to please but have not tried Corner Pub.

I just had a beer and watched the game for a while

I agree with you about ML Rose. I would much rather have Backyard Burgers instead 

So I saw in another thread that sales were bad for 505. Was this a miss by the development team? Did they make bad assumptions in the floor plans they laid out?

8 minutes ago, AUNash said:

So I saw in another thread that sales were bad for 505. Was this a miss by the development team? Did they make bad assumptions in the floor plans they laid out?

Ffs.

The developer rented it out to airbnb on many floors and as a result many rentals were temporary. Also probably some of those rentals were occupied by loud bachelorette parties, which in turn made people not want to live in that specific building. This is not indicative of the nashville residential market but indicative of a poor choice by the developer himself. Otherwise all the proposed residential building and buildings under construction would be on hold or cancelled.

Assuming this isn’t selling, is that a commentary on Tony G or a commentary on Nashville ? 

Alternatively, is it premature to freak with Amazon and other prestigious firms locating in the CBD ?

Just saw on the 505 website that they're giving  a $15,000 alllowance toward closing costs, furniture and lighting packages.  I take this as a small sign that they want to move units, though not desperately.

https://505condos.com

On 12/4/2018 at 3:10 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Funny - I went to the new ML Rose in Capitol View and got an indifferently prepared hamburger and fries to take home with me.  It was nearly $15.00 out the door and I would have been a lot more satisfied if I'd gone to Wendy's. Haven't been back to ML Rose

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1