505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

Yep, I just dont see the draw and that goes for a lot of the new places that have opened up. I think the millennials that eat at these places just eat there to tell everyone they ate there or have more disposable income than they know what to do with.

There are places I like, Frothy Monkey but places that after I look at the menu, I say to myself...self they dont have anything that appeals to me and the stuff that does not appeal to me is 25 bucks, so why go. 

I have tried Butchertown Hall three times and not really impressed, however I do like 5th and Taylor. Pinewood Social.. Not a fan.

I could be a food critic very easily, but I would piss a lot of folks off. 

Silo, tried it and will never go back.

Bakersfield, tried it twice, never going back, but I dont like specialty tacos, absolutely gross. Same goes for Mama Tacacito.

City Tap House... Just OK

Chueys, OMG never again

I can go on and on.

• Thanks 1

A restaurant can only do that so long. Sloppy product/service DOES catch up to the trendiness of a place and/or sentimentality for what it used to be. 

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, I just dont see the draw and that goes for a lot of the new places that have opened up. I think the millennials that eat at these places just eat there to tell everyone they ate there or have more disposable income than they know what to do with.

There are places I like, Frothy Monkey but places that after I look at the menu, I say to myself...self they dont have anything that appeals to me and the stuff that does not appeal to me is 25 bucks, so why go. 

I have tried Butchertown Hall three times and not really impressed, however I do like 5th and Taylor. Pinewood Social.. Not a fan.

Bakersfield, tried it twice, never going back, but I dont like specialty tacos, absolutely gross. Same goes for Mama Tacacito.

Chueys, OMG never again

I can go on and on.

Do you mean Taco Mamacito? 

We have a Chuy's that's been opened about 3 years and I had eaten at the one in Dallas at Knox-Henderson while there on business. I recall the hype, but don't really remember anything spectacular about it. When I took my family my boys nearly gagged on the food. The worst thing about it is that they seem to think hot spice is actually a flavor. It's not. It's an enhancer, somewhat in the same vein as salt and pepper. If you order "mild" or "no peppers" (and you must do so specifically) when you get the food, it's very flavorless. 

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Chueys, OMG never again

I can go on and on.

I cannot express how much I agree with everything you posted.

I haven't tried most of the restaurants you listed above, but I am eye-to-eye with your pontification. I don't understand the purpose of expensive, bland bar food, nor the garage-converted hipster coffee shops. It's never worth the money. So much simpler and healthier to cook something at home rather than go home unsatisfied after eating an overcooked burger that sucked $15 out of you.

Chuy's is not good. I don't care what the rest of you say. That ain't Mexican food, case closed.

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Smeags it sounds like  you're a very picky eater... I don't think I've ever seen the words "taco" and "gross" in the same sentence.  :P

Doritos Loco Taco > Food Truck Taco > Microwaved Taco > Sit-in Restaurant Taco 

*triggered* 

I just think that restaurants owners try way too hard  to do something different. The price  you pay for some of this garbage is ridiculous. Im not that picky of an eater , I just dont like frou frou food, especially when you eat at a place spend 50 or a 100 bucks and have to go to krystal because you are still hungry. I call them tiny food places and again the quality of the food in  a lot of these place is really poor for what you get.

And now this thread is so totally off topic its not even funny.

Back to the real topic at hand.

• Haha 1

There are many great places to eat in Nashville. Some people like certain places, some don't. Some popular places have great food, some don't.

Food preferences are like booty-holes. Everyone has one.

K Thanx. So regarding 505, I'm surprised to learn how many people don't actually know that's the name of the building. In discussions, most people I've encountered refer to it as "the new tall one." They think the lit 505 numbers in front are just the address. 

What is the point of naming a building after its address? 505, The 1212, 222 2nd Avenue, 5th and Broad, 5th and Main, and now 1222 Demonbreun and Broadwest . Why not pick an interesting or historic name. Examples: The Adelicia, The Morris, The Snodgrass Tower, The Stahlman, etc.

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

What is the point of naming a building after its address? 505, The 1212, 222 2nd Avenue, 5th and Broad, 5th and Main, and now 1222 Demonbreun and Broadwest . Why not pick an interesting or historic name. Examples: The Adelicia, The Morris, The Snodgrass Tower, The Stahlman, etc.

I think if you've got a great number available to you that doesn't sound like another number in town, take it.  Otherwise, come up with something stately and/or cool, like The Flank Hotel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

What is the point of naming a building after its address? 505, The 1212, 222 2nd Avenue, 5th and Broad, 5th and Main, and now 1222 Demonbreun and Broadwest . Why not pick an interesting or historic name. Examples: The Adelicia, The Morris, The Snodgrass Tower, The Stahlman, etc

Thats actually easierto find than all the stupid names they have that become so stupid in  this city. Then you get use to the name and they change it when they sell it. The address does not change.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, NashvilleObserver said:

Personally, I prefer a building to carry the name of its address. If you tell me (or your average Joe cab driver) you live in The Adelicia, that gives me no real-world knowledge of where you actually live. If you tell me you want to go to the 1222 Demonbreun building, we are already on our way. 

I think it’s fine to name an iconic building (World Trade Center, Empire State Building, etc), but you eventually run out of names and it’s meaningless. Right now I’m mashville we have a Joseph and a Bobby being built, and I couldn’t tell you where either is without an actual street address. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, chris holman said:

Or maybe just a rental property that everyone that owns condo seem to profit.on in this city. But that price is not bad in comparison to Element's rent 

Fair.  Though 1) Owner works for Giarrtanna as a Project Manager 2) Her previous title was Investment Analyst 3) This isn't a great cap rate (6.7%)  ... In my opinion, any investment analyst worth a sh*t can find a better cap rate.      

Edited by thenorthchannel
Rewatching
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...