505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

Fencing up, jackhammers are going on the perimeter. The garage is underway and William will post more soon, including a rendering.

Interested to see how the garage will look compared to 505 CST.  I would expect for the design to be cohesive with the design of the tower.  Hopefully we will get to see the updated renderings of 505 CST soon.  :thumbsup:

Edited by bruceman73
  • Like 1

Wow, 24 months to construct according to the article in the Tennessean. That's a long time to build a parking garage, is it not?  If it's true that Tony can't start construction till the garage is done then we're in for a long wait unfortunately. 

That is pretty long, even when you take into account excavation (not for sure how much will be here, someone help me out), infrastructure for the garage and then additional infrastructure for anything else (505CST if anything will be shared at the garage). I could see 18 months, but 24 is pretty long. 

Wow, 24 months to construct according to the article in the Tennessean. That's a long time to build a parking garage, is it not?  If it's true that Tony can't start construction till the garage is done then we're in for a long wait unfortunately. 

Wow, I mentioned 2 years at the meet and you guys thought I was crazy!!!!

• Like 1

That is pretty long, even when you take into account excavation (not for sure how much will be here, someone help me out), infrastructure for the garage and then additional infrastructure for anything else (505CST if anything will be shared at the garage). I could see 18 months, but 24 is pretty long.

I agree 24 months seems like an overly conservative estimate. The City Center garage expansion, which was entirely excavated 5 stories down, took about 10-11 months to complete (although it seemed like 2 yrs). I don't know how much of the 11 floors of the 505 garage will be below ground, but the current parking lot sits above the old Cain Sloan basement which was backfilled with the Cain Sloan demolition debris. That should be a headstart on excavation.

I agree 24 months seems like an overly conservative estimate. The City Center garage expansion, which was entirely excavated 5 stories down, took about 10-11 months to complete (although it seemed like 2 yrs). I don't know how much of the 11 floors of the 505 garage will be below ground, but the current parking lot sits above the old Cain Sloan basement which was backfilled with the Cain Sloan demolition debris. That should be a headstart on excavation.

I went back and checked my pictures of the City Center garage construction.  Excavation started @Oct 2012.  They had finished excavating and had built back up to the street level by Oct 2013.   Took them a bit longer to finish the above ground construction, do landscaping, finish out the lower levels etc.  I seem to recall it opening Dec 13 or Jan 14. So, a bit over a year, but with no above ground decks; five below and one surface.

Edited by Nashville Cliff

I went back and checked my pictures of the City Center garage construction.  Excavation started @Oct 2012.  They had finished excavating and had built back up to the street level by Oct 2013.   Took them a bit longer to finish the above ground construction, do landscaping, finish out the lower levels etc.  I seem to recall it opening Dec 13 or Jan 14. So, a bit over a year, but with no above ground decks; five below and one surface.

ok, yeah, the CC garage did seem to take longer than people (we tenants) expected.    part of that, we were told, was that the garage had to be designed to support a second tower.     there may be similar design considerations with the 505 garage to support possible upward expansion and/or tower-related amenities (pool, fitness center, etc).   

ok, yeah, the CC garage did seem to take longer than people (we tenants) expected.    part of that, we were told, was that the garage had to be designed to support a second tower.     there may be similar design considerations with the 505 garage to support possible upward expansion and/or tower-related amenities (pool, fitness center, etc).   

Yet, there is no second tower! After the announcements for Sobro (UC) , Bridgestone, Westin, Turnberry, Convention Center site, the Eakin Tower, Gulch Crossing(TO) we may never see a tower on this site.

So the tower, will be built on the right side of the garage if you're facing Church Street

in previous renderings the tower was in front of the garage not to the side

I don't think so. I think the garage is to the south of the proposed tower.  The tower would still front the garage.  Note that you can see the corner of McKendree UMC and the Cumberland behind the garage in the drawing.

Edited by Nashville Cliff
  • Like 1