505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

So...are my assumptions correct that Metro is basically building a $40 Mil plus parking garage (garage + land price) for 500 parking spaces (the other 400 going to Tony)?

Not sure if that's a good price or not...but seems pretty steep.

I think you have to also include the 400 spaces for the residents as they will be revenue producing. The article mentions that giarratana is leasing those 400 spaces, and it could very well be that those 400 spaces provided the guaranteed revenue to get the entire project financed. Also, from a revenue standpoint you must also include the ground level retail which will be revenue producing. Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 2

Just looking at the renderings and I thiNk what is being done, is taking the mixed use version of 505,taking off the side portions where the hotel would go and turning the tower 90 degrees. I suspect you will see the same materials. If you look at the south facing portion of the B&W version, you will see it seems to be curved like the east facing portion of the mixed use tower and flat on the north like the west facing version of the top of the mixed use tower.

I am optimistic the tower will look just fine.

just imagine, it will do to the skyline what L&C did.

for reference

9369520565_1c5b5e6ed6_o.jpglandc alone by willfry, on Flickr

I don't think it will be that much difference, of course it is hard to tell with renderings.  Now the 1000 ft Siggy would have made an impact closer to that!  :P  :thumbsup:  :shades:

Just looking at the renderings and I thiNk what is being done, is taking the mixed use version of 505,taking off the side portions where the hotel would go and turning the tower 90 degrees. I suspect you will see the same materials. If you look at the south facing portion of the B&W version, you will see it seems to be curved like the east facing portion of the mixed use tower and flat on the north like the west facing version of the top of the mixed use tower.

I am optimistic the tower will look just fine.

I think you are right about the design, Ron.  It will be a great addition.  However, the "original" Siggy design (750 to 1000 ft) would be perfect!  Hotel, apartments, and condos are HOT right now! :(

• Like 1

I'm probably mistaken, but it almost looks like the portion of the building facing south is rounded, as if the portion facing Church St is flat and the other side is bent out in a slight "bowl" shape.  I know it's probably just an illusion with the photo, but would be interesting if it were to have a bowed-out side, making it not exactly a tall, rectangular box.

To picture what I'm saying, if you were looking down on the building from directly above, it would be slightly shaped like a capital letter "D"

Edited by titanhog

I'm probably mistaken, but it almost looks like the portion of the building facing south is rounded, as if the portion facing Church St is flat and the other side is bent out in a slight "bowl" shape.  I know it's probably just an illusion with the photo, but would be interesting if it were to have a bowed-out side, making it not exactly a tall, rectangular box.

To picture what I'm saying, if you were looking down on the building from directly above, it would be slightly shaped like a capital letter "D"

That was my point. The building was turned 90 degrees and the rounded portion faces south. We should know more very soon.

Rotated photo for you. Hope you are in a place where you can update this site with construction photos. (Suntrust Building?)

505excavation_zps66dd4212.jpg

This should be some quick and easy excavation as it was the site of the old Cain-Sloan Department Store and had a deep basement. Excavation is a matter of removing all the soft fill that was put in the hole and hopefully, limited blasting will be required.

• Like 3

03dac20616040211bd6720d0b8d8da70.jpg

They are excavating below grade right up to church street. I suppose this means the below grade parking floors will extend underneath the tower?

Or maybe it's cheaper to excavate for 505 at the same time excavation is going on for the parking garage. Maybe TG's paying for some of the work going on now. Is this confirmation that 505CST will start imminently?

Or maybe it's cheaper to excavate for 505 at the same time excavation is going on for the parking garage. Maybe TG's paying for some of the work going on now. Is this confirmation that 505CST will start imminently?

If that entire block or most of it was back filled then more than likely this is all just for the garage. It could possibly be for both, but more than likely due to the back fill they'll need to go lateral toward bedrock for an anchor point of some sort. If you start throwing crazy loads on one side of that lot and a lateral force goes to the back fill under where the new tower is that would cause some trouble and someone's Mercedes would be hanging out below ground. Just my guess though.

Edited by arkitekte
  • Like 1

Rotated photo for you. Hope you are in a place where you can update this site with construction photos. (Suntrust .

Yeah I'm in SunTrust. My window looks right out on this lot, so I'm looking forward to watching this project get out of the ground. Will definitely post pics as interesting things happen.

• Like 1