505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I expect a flame from this but it's sad that we get excited for a building like this that, in New York or Chicago, would just be another filler building with no significance whatsoever. I just cannot believe we don't have developers willing to give us a masterpiece. I think this design is terrible for being Tennessee's tallest tower. Blah.

• Like 2

I expect a flame from this but it's sad that we get excited for a building like this that, in New York or Chicago, would just be another filler building with no significance whatsoever. I just cannot believe we don't have developers willing to give us a masterpiece. I think this design is terrible for being Tennessee's tallest tower. Blah.

Only a fool is going to create a masterpiece that the economics of the market don't support, and a fool is probably not going to have the resources to build said masterpiece.

• Like 3

WE won't be getting this anytime soon:

http://www.432parkavenue.com

Penthouse on the 96th floor is $95,000,000.00

Well, with all due respect, Nashville isn't NYC or Chicago. When this is built, it will be the tallest all residential skyscraper outside of NYC and Chicago, that's pretty significant and bold in itself of a developer to attempt in little ole' Nashville, wouldn't you say? Oh and by the way, I don't think a 750' skyscraper like this one is a "filler building" in any city...that's just a silly comment. You can't build a $500M masterpiece of a tower, just cause, when the economics here don't support it like Nashville Cliff said. I applaud Tony G for attempting to build something like this here, which IMO, would be a masterpiece for Nashville. 

Edited by mirydi

Well, with all due respect, Nashville isn't NYC or Chicago. When this is built, it will be the tallest all residential skyscraper outside of NYC and Chicago, that's pretty significant and bold in itself of a developer to attempt in little ole' Nashville, wouldn't you say? Oh and by the way, I don't think a 750' skyscraper like this one is a "filler building" in any city...that's just a silly comment. You can't build a $500M masterpiece of a tower, just cause, when the economics here don't support it like Nashville Cliff said. I applaud Tony G for attempting to build something like this here, which IMO, would be a masterpiece for Nashville. 

Fine.  That's your opinion.  I get excited about all the new buildings coming to Nashville and am thrilled Tony is giving us another set of plans to be excited about.  Of course, of the 4 renderings of 505, this is "IMO" the worst.  I don't see Nashville as "little ole Nashville" anymore and neither is the rest of the country.  But anyways, to ME, it's just another glass box.  It will be a huge, rectangular glass box erected from the center of the city.  For that I applaud him.  Well, I will when he ends up building it.  

• Like 2

WE won't be getting this anytime soon:

http://www.432parkavenue.com

Penthouse on the 96th floor is $95,000,000.00

It's ironic that you guys cite this as an example... While its soaring heights are indeed impressive, the design itself is almost as uninspiring as the Snodgrass tower here in Nashville. I find the current 505 design to be more interesting, honestly...

• Like 2

And when I meant filler building in NYC or Chicago, I meant that this would be NY's 27th tallest tower and Chicago's 17th tallest tower.  Placed in one of these two cities it would just blend in and not stand out.  IMO, design makes something stand out whether it's 1000 feet tall or 180 feet tall.  

• Like 2

I would wait for a better rendering of this structure before we decide to officially hate it.  I want to see what's going on on the other side of this thing.  If the other side looks exactly like the side we're seeing...then yes, it is nothing but a 2X4 sticking out of the ground.  That's why I'm hoping there is a curved element to the opposite side.

• Like 1